Outstanding Faculty Advising Award
The $500 Outstanding Faculty Advising Award recognizes a faculty member who has contributed substantially to excellence in undergraduate academic advising.
Who is eligible:
All faculty advisers.
Nominations for this award are evaluated using guidelines developed by the National Academic Advising Association. Advising excellence includes evidence of the following characteristics:
- current knowledge of university policies.
- effective interpersonal skills.
- demonstration of a caring attitude toward students.
- adequate time devoted to student advising.
- referral of students to appropriate sources of assistance.
- understanding of student concerns from a student point of view.
- provision of long-range educational planning and immediate problem-solving.
- willingness to share advising skills with colleagues.
- continuing to improve the style and substance of the advising role.
- advising for special populations (foreign, minority, undecided, special programs).
- attendance at and support of adviser development programs.
numberof years as an active academic adviser.
Who may nominate:
Department chairs, faculty colleagues, and students.
Please use the link below to submit a nomination form
- two-page substantiating narrative.
- 1-3 supportive letters including at least one from a student
Submit nomination using Submittable:
Office of the Provost
University Hall 126
Professor, Department of South and Southwest Asian Studies