Outstanding Teamwork Award
The Outstanding Teamwork Award recognizes staff from any office, unit, department, group or staff within an office, cross-functional group of staff or committee of staff members who have worked together in an exceptional manner to perform an assigned task. The award includes a $3,000 prize to be divided equally among team members (no less than $50 per person), lunch with the President and the Executive Officers, and a traveling plaque.
Who is eligible:
Staff members who perform as a team beyond the scope of their regular day-to-day job duties and responsibilities. Members of the team must be non-temporary staff members. There is no minimum required length of employment by the University.
As a result of working as a team, the department, office, work-unit or University should have benefited in one or more of the following ways:
- specific, identifiable improved efficiencies.
- cost savings.
- cross-training resulting in expanding job responsibilities and improving service to "customers."
- innovative ideas or suggestions to improve methods.
- completion of special projects.
- functioning in unique (sometimes adverse) circumstances.
- improved coordination and cooperation among department.
Who may nominate:
Any administrator, staff or faculty member.
- A nomination form will be posted soon for the 2017 UM Employee Recognition Day Awards.
- letter of introduction by nominating person.
- brief UM employment history.
- three letters of recommendation.
Send nominations and documentation to:
Nominations shall be made to the Executive Officer whose area of responsibility includes the nominated team. Each Executive Officer will screen nominations from his or her area only and will forward one nomination to the President, who will make the final decision.
Facilities Services- Work Order Desk
Pat Gibson, Cassy Gladwin, Colleen Murphey, and Patti Thompson