- Dennison Presidential Awards - Charter Day
Employee Recognition Day
- 2013 Faculty/Staff Award Winners
- Americans with Disabilities Act Award
- Academic Administrator Award
- Distinguished Scholar Award
- Distinguished Service to International Education Award
- Distinguished Teaching Award
- Graduate Assistant Teaching Award
- J.B. Speer Award for Distinguished Administrative Service
- Montana Faculty Service Award
- Most Inspirational Teacher of the Year Award
- Nancy Borgmann Diversity Award
- Outstanding Faculty Advising Award
- Outstanding Mentoring Award
- Outstanding Service to the Campus Community Award
- Outstanding Service to Students Award
- Outstanding Staff Awards
- Outstanding Teamwork Award
- State of the Community Event
- Mission Statement
- President's Office Hours
- A to Z Index
Outstanding Teamwork Award
The Outstanding Teamwork Award recognizes staff from any office, unit, department, group or staff within an office, cross-functional group of staff or committee of staff members who have worked together in an exceptional manner to perform an assigned task. The award includes a $3,000 prize to be divided equally among team members (no less than $50 per person), lunch with the President and the Executive Officers, and a traveling plaque.
Who is eligible:
Staff members who perform as a team beyond the scope of their regular day-to-day job duties and responsibilities. Members of the team must be non-temporary staff members. There is no minimum required length of employment by the University.
As a result of working as a team, the department, office, work-unit or University should have benefited in one or more of the following ways:
- specific, identifiable improved efficiencies.
- cost savings.
- cross-training resulting in expanding job responsibilities and improving service to "customers."
- innovative ideas or suggestions to improve methods.
- completion of special projects.
- functioning in unique (sometimes adverse) circumstances.
- improved coordination and cooperation among department.
Who may nominate:
Any administrator, staff or faculty member.
- completed Nomination Form (.docx|.pdf)
- letter of introduction by nominating person.
- brief UM employment history.
- three letters of recommendation.
Send nominations and documentation to:
Nominations shall be made to the Executive Officer whose area of responsibility includes the nominated team. Each Executive Officer will screen nominations from his or her area only and will forward one nomination to the President, who will make the final decision.
Facilities Services Technical Services Shop
Dennis Hardwick and Chuck Christensen
School of Law Gala Planning Committee
Jen Abrams, Sam Alberty, Geri Fox, Becky Krantz, Kelsi Steele, Patience Woodill, and Ed Wrzesien
Previous recipients include the Office of the Provost Staff; Custodial Team, University and Lewis & Clark Villages Staff; Work Group for Student Success; Enrollment Services Recruiters; and Laboratory Animal Resources.
Deadline for 2013 Nominations: February 22, 2013
Deadline for committees/individuals selecting recipients to forward the names to the Office of the President: March 8, 2013
Awards will be presented at:
UM Employee Recognition Day
April 19, 2013