Emeritus Nomination- Level II Proposal
To be eligible for emeritus status, a retiring faculty member must have:
- been employed by the University of Montana for no less than ten years, and
- maintained a record of excellence in teaching, research/creativity, and service.
To nominate a retiring faculty member:
- Work with the college/school dean to make a recommendation to the Provost. Please include a brief narrative with your nomination that describes the nominee's qualifications for emeritus status (sample proposal).
- The Provost will then make a recommendation and submit Level II BOR paperwork to the President.
- The President will send the recommendation to the Board of Regents.