A proposal for a new Center is considered a Level II proposal and requires both Faculty Senate and Board of Regents approval.
To submit a proposal for a new center:
- As soon as a new center is considered, submit a one-paragraph description of the program to the Office of the Provost (email@example.com).
- It will be added to the potential programs list that is submitted to OCHE and available to other MUS institutions for their comment and information.
- Once the proposal is more developed, complete an Intent to Plan form.
- Obtain required signature from Dean and submit to the Office of the Provost.
- Intent to Plan forms will be submitted to OCHE by the Provost and reviewed monthly by all of the Chief Academic Officers in the MUS.
- Following approval, the Provost's Office will notify proposer that they may proceed to develop a full proposal and if any other campuses in the MUS need to be consulted.
- Campuses will have up to 18 months for proposal development and campus governance review.
- Submit the full proposal with the following required forms (completed with all required signatures) to the Office of the Provost for review:
- Faculty Senate Forms:
- Montana University System forms:
- The Provost will distribute copies to the President, relevant administrators, and the Faculty Senate.
- The Provost and the Faculty Senate provide a written rationale for a recommendation of approval or disapproval to the President.
- The President considers all recommendations and provides a written explanation of the decision to each reviewer and the University community.
- Upon approval, the proposal will be sent to the Board of Regents for final authorization.