Short-Term Academic Enrichment
The purpose of the Short-term Academic Enrichment Program is to assist long-term faculty members in research and creative activities on and off campus in areas that fall outside the scope of the other grant categories of Instructional Development, Mini-Sabbatical, and Visiting Scholar.
- Facilitate projects on campus and off that highlight faculty research and creative activities.
- Support activities that benefit students and the University.
Provide broad benefits to the campus community.
- Each of the goals listed above must be addressed in the application.
- A detailed time schedule of the proposed activity must be provided.
- A budget must be included. Please indicate requests for, or commitments of, any matching funds, since these are viewed as very meaningful by the Faculty Development Committee.
- A letter of support from the Department Chair must be provided. Letters of support from other departments will also enhance the proposal.
- Please prioritize applications if multiple proposals or proposals in more than one category of faculty development are submitted.
- The recipient(s) of awards which result in presentations, seminars, performances, etc. which are of general interest to the UM community will be responsible for informing University Relations of these events so that they can be placed on the official university calendar.
The UM Faculty Development Program should be acknowledged as having supported any activities which may result from this funding. Examples would be if manuscripts are published, presentations or performances are given, or so on.
Successful proposals may receive support to a maximum of $1,500. Proposals may include travel to present at conferences or workshops, sponsoring of a faculty research or seminar series at UM, or other research related projects on or off campus. The committee will expect evidence that the conference presentation has been accepted. Awards will not be given for salaries.
For important application guidelines, please see the Faculty Professional Enhancement Program description.
Deadline for Submission
The deadline for proposal submissions is 12:00 p.m. on Friday, March 6, 2015.
If you have questions, please call Amy Kinch at 243-5897.