Level I Proposals for Campus and Board of Regents Approval
All Level I proposals require both Faculty Senate and Board of Regents approval. Some require Level II documentation as well. You may learn more about the types of proposals by reading the BOR Guidelines for Level I and Level II Proposals and BOR Policy 303.1.
Step 1: Submission to the Office of the Provost
- Please submit hard copy and electronic (Word) versions of the proposal, all applicable Faculty Senate and BOR forms, and any appendices for initial review in the Provost's office.
- Level I Proposals must include:
- Level I Program Form: The Faculty Senate Level I Program form must accompany the proposal, and requires the signature of the program chair/director, signatures from chairs/directors of other affected programs, and the appropriate dean's signature.
- Level I Request Form and Item Template: The BOR Level I Request form and Item Template are also required. Notice that the item number and date of the BOR meeting should be left blank, and will be added by the Provost's Office before final submission. Please provide a one or two paragraph description or explanation of the proposal under the "Specify Request" section of the Request Form.
- Termination Checklist: If a program is being terminated, please also submit the BOR Termination Checklist form.
- Course Form: When a Level I proposal requires the addition of new courses, please include a Faculty Senate Course Form and the appropriate syllabi.
- In addition, Level I Proposals with Level II documentation must include:
Step 2: Submission to the Faculty Senate
Step 3: Submission to the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education (OCHE)
- Following Senate approval, the Provost's office will add the appropriate dates and item numbers on the BOR forms and narratives, will perform minor revisions as necessary, and will submit system-level forms to OCHE.