Level II Proposals for Campus and Board of Regents Approval
All Level II proposals require both Faculty Senate and Board of Regents approval.
Step 1: Submission to the Office of the Provost
- Please submit hard copy and electronic (Word) versions of the proposal, all applicable Faculty Senate and BOR forms, and any appendices for initial review in the Office of the Provost.
- Level II Proposals must include:
- Level II Regential Form: The Faculty Senate Level II Regential form must accompany the proposal, and requires the signature of the program chair/director, signatures from chairs/directors of other affected programs, the appropriate dean's signature, and the signature of the Dean of Libraries.
- Level II Request Form and Item Template: The BOR Level II Request form and Item Template are also required. Please note that the item number and meeting date fields should be blank on each form. This information will be added in the Provost's Office before final submission.
- Curriculum Proposal: A curriculum proposal description according to UM and BOR guidelines.
- Course Form: When a Level II proposal requires the addition of new courses, you should include a Course form and the appropriate syllabi.
Step 2: Submission to the Faculty Senate
Step 3: Submission to the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education (OCHE)
- Following Senate approval, the Provost's office will add the appropriate dates and item numbers on the BOR forms and narratives, will perform minor revisions as necessary, and will submit system-level forms to OCHE.