1. Appeals are reviewed by the Traffic Appeals and Review Committee which consists of one faculty, one staff, and one student member, all appointed by the University President from lists of nominees provided by the Faculty and Staff Senates, and ASUM. These members recommend University parking and traffic policies, and review appeals.
2. Anyone wishing to appeal a parking citation must file a written notice within 7 working days of the citation's issue at the Office of Public Safety. This form is available at Public Safety or on the Public Safety web site. Any citation more than 7 working days may be accepted but considered as such. Conduct and deportment toward field or office staff will be considered in all appeals. If the fine is upheld by the Board, payment of the fine is due upon notice of the decision.
3. The same citation may be submitted for appeal twice, once in writing and once in a personal appearance before the Appeals Committee.
4. The only exceptions on disability fines are limited to the following:
5. The Traffic Appeals and Review Committee meets twice each month from September through April, and as needed from May through August.
Public Safety - Police
The University of Montana
Missoula, MT 59812