Final Grading Information
Final Grade Entry
- Final grading will be available on CyberBear Tuesday, 9 May 2017
- Enter grades as soon as practical or four calendar days after the final is given in CyberBear login page
- The deadline to enter grades is no later than midnight on Tuesday, 16 May 2017
- An explanation of all grades can be found in the Grading Matrix
- Faculty grading video instructions
Grade Entry Instructions:
- Submit grades electronically in CyberBear login page
- Click on Login
- Enter your NetID and password - information regarding your NetID and password can be found on the Registrar's
web pagetitled CyberBear Instructions in the Faculty/Staff tab
- Click on 'CyberBear for Faculty and Advisors'
- Read FERPA Warning and then click on 'I understand the FERPA Warning' button
- Click on the 'Final Grade Entry' link
- Select the 'Final Grades' tab
- All of the courses you are listed as the primary instructor will appear
- Click on any of the columns of the course you are entering grades for - the list of students for that course will appear below the course listing
- Use the drop-down menu to display the allowable grades for each student, and then click on the grade you wish to assign or you can upload your grade rosters from a Moodle spreadsheet or a spreadsheet you created yourself
- Click the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page - the system will "time out" if inactive for 30 minutes, so click 'save' often
- If you try to save your grades and you get a frozen spinning wheel or if the page is not displaying properly, such as seeing a student’s name twice, try switching to a different browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc....)
You may make grade changes in CyberBear until grade submission has been turned off for the semester. After that time you will need to submit a paper grade change form to the Registrar's Office.
For linked courses, the grades will be submitted most often on the large lecture roster instead of the discussion/lab rosters.
Why Grades Are Needed By The Week After Finals Week
- Satisfactory Academic Progress processes are run by the Registrar's Office the day following the grade submission deadline. These processes provide for enforcement of faculty academic performance and progress policy, and determine if students are in good standing, placed on probation, or placed on suspension. These processes must run immediately to allow for enforcement of
- Financial Aid processes are also impacted, as academic standing/progress determines student eligibility for continued receipt of financial aid. If a student earns an F, RF, I, NC or NCR grade, federal financial aid regulations require you submit the last date of attendance for those students.
- Graduation Audits and Awarding of Degrees are also dependent upon receipt of student grades by the deadline.
Recording the Last Date of Attendance Now Required for "F", "RF","NC", "NCR" and "I" Grades - FINANCIAL AID AND UM'S BUDGET
The last date of attendance is not required for NF grades.
- Enter F, RF, I, NC, or NCR and the associated last date of attendance for each student in the date format MM/DD/YYYY or click on the calendar and select a day.
- Click 'Save'
- You do not have to enter all grades at the same time, but you do have to enter them within the window from 9 May until 16 May. CyberBear will timeout after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Review roster to make sure all grades are submitted correctly including last dates of attendance
THE PRIMARY INSTRUCTOR MUST SUBMIT GRADES ELECTRONICALLY
Grades may only be submitted by the primary instructor of the course. Instructor assignments can be viewed in the CyberBear dynamic class Schedule
The primary instructor is designated by a (P) following the name of the instructor. If any changes to primary instructor assignments are needed please notify room scheduler and include the CRN, SUJB, CRSE #, & SECT # of the course and the 790# of the new instructor)
IF A STUDENT'S NAME DOES NOT APPEAR ON YOUR FINAL GRADE ROSTER
Click on the e-mail link for Leslie Shank located on the right side of the screen. In the email please include the CRN #, course subject, number, student name, and 790#, and their grade. (If a student is auditing a course and fails to meet attendance requirements, this link may also be used for reporting "Unsatisfactory Attendance.") It is important that you submit the student's name via this link so that if a registration error occurred, the Registrar's Office will have the grade on file. Please supply the information for every student you add as noted in the e-mail heading.
EXAMPLE: CRN SUBJ CRSE SEC ID STUDENT NAME GRADE
30648 NAS 100H 01 790-15-1515 Jones, Joseph A. B
HOW TO SUBMIT ALTERNATE GRADES FOR INCOMPLETE'S (OTHER THAN F)
If you assign an incomplete grade and the alternate grade is not an 'F', then click on the e-mail link for Leslie Shank located on the right side of the screen. Please supply the information for every student as noted in the e-mail heading.
EXAMPLE: CRN SUBJ CRSE SEC ID STUDENT NAME ALTERNATE GRADE
30648 NAS 100H 01 790-45-4585 Johnson, Sarah L. B
Non-traditional Grade Information
- 'NCR' is the grade for No Credit. For undergraduates 'NCR' must be assigned for work equal to 'F' in quality.
- 'CR' is the grade for credit.' CR' must be assigned for work judged 'D-' or better for undergraduates.
- Credit/No Credit is undefined in relation to traditional grades for graduate coursework.
- 'NF' may be assigned only if the student NEVER attended class. The assumption of the 'NF' grade is that a registration error occurred and the 'F' grade is not earned. The 'NF' grade will enable the student to correct a registration error without petitioning.
- 'F' ('RF' for Remedial Classes - those numbered below the 100-level) is the grade assigned if a student attended one or more class days. Please provide the last date of attendance using this format: MM/DD/YYYY
- 'I' (incomplete) is appropriate when a student has been in regular attendance and passing for a majority of the class meeting, but is unable to finish for reasons acceptable to you, within the semester. If you assign an incomplete grade and the alternate grade is not an 'F', then click on the Link to Send Alternate Grades (other than 'F') For INCOMPLETE To Registrar's Office.
- 'N' (work in progress) is appropriate when the nature of the course requires more than one semester for completion, such as Thesis or Research courses.
- 'NC' is a no credit, non-punitive grade allowed only for students in WRIT 095 or WRIT 101 who have made significant improvements in writing, but have not achieved passing work and must repeat the course.
- If a student has officially dropped or withdrawn, a grade of 'W', 'WP', and 'WF' will be already be entered in the grade column, and the column will read "NOT GRADABLE".
Electronic Grade Change Form
The Electronic Grade Change form is exactly like a paper/hard-copy grade change form.
- To begin, click the link below and log in with your Net ID and password.
- Start your workflow grade change by clicking the tab for "My Processes."
- Next, you will see your "Faculty_Grade_Entry," this is your electronic grade change form.
- Select the "Faculty_Grade_Entry" link.
- Name your workflow (example: Name of Student).
- Then click the "Start Workflow" button. You will then see your workflow was started successfully, click "OK."
- Your grade change form is now ready to customize.
- Click the Grade Change form and enter the student’s ID number (790#), semester (example: 201750) and CRN#.
- Select Complete to move forward or "Save and Close" to come back at a later date.
- You will then see the student’s name linked to your course. (It will take about 30-45 seconds for your grade change to re-populate).
- Once your workflow re-populates, select the grade change and then use the drop down to choose the Type of Change (example: Letter grade change or Missing Grade).
- Finally, change the letter grade (Example: N) to the letter grade earned (example: A).
- Select complete.
Click the link below to get started:
**Please note: This form is not to be used for large rosters of students. If you have a roster of students that need a grade changed please send your spreadsheet via email to Leslie Shank: firstname.lastname@example.org.