Transcript Ordering Information
Official Academic Transcripts from The University of Montana and the University of Montana Missoula College may be obtained in the following ways:
Online (credit card and valid email address required)
Students and Alumni now have the option of requesting Official Electronic Transcripts! The electronic PDF can only be ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse.
The University of Montana has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to give students the option of ordering an electronic transcript online. Students and Alumni can order a secure PDF version of their official transcript to be sent to themselves or others.
AMCAS & LSAC Transcripts: Electronic transcripts are accepted by the American Medical College Application Service and Law School Admission Council.
The most secure way to order a transcript (and to track the order) is to use a credit card on the National Student Clearinghouse website. The transcript orders placed through the clearinghouse, exxcept the electronic PDF requests, are processed and mailed from the Registrars Office in Missoula. Orders are NOT processed at and mailed from the Clearinghouse location in Herndon, Virginia, USA. The Clearinghouse serves as a conduit for you to order online. Got to the Clearinghouse website for frequently asked questions.
1) Direct your browser to the National Student Clearinghouse website and follow the instructions
- For detailed guidelines, please consult Online Ordering Instructions at National Student Clearinghouse FAQ:
- Login to the UM CyberBear site.
- Enter your NetID (two letters followed by six numbers (e.g.: ab123456). Employee NetID's will have an "e" at the end (ab123456e). Enter your NetID password. It you've never logged in with your NetID, your password is the last six digits of your 790#.
The first time you log in to CyberBear, you will be promoted to change your password and establish a security question and answer. This will allow you to reset your password later if you forget it. You can find your NetID using the online NetID lookup tool. If you are a student who has requested confidentiality through the Registrar's Office, your information will not display in the NetID lookup. If you can't remember your password, click on the password reset button on the login page.
- Click: Student Services and Financial Aid
- Click: Student Records
- Click: NEW! Order an Enrollment Verification (Free) or Official Academic Transcript (credit card req. - add'l fee applies)
- Click: Go to Clearinghouse site. A new window will pop up!!!
2) The cost is $3 per transcript plus a $2.25 processing fee. The $2.25 processing fee only applies to the online orders through the National Student Clearing house. There is an additional fee of $1.00 for the electronic PDF version.
3) Updates on the progress of your transcript request or any hold information will be sent to you via the email you provide to The Clearinghouse.
1) Transcript Order Forms are available at the Registrar’s Office on the Mountain Campus or the Missoula College Campus, or via the following link: Transcript Request Form
2) Complete and sign the Transcript Request Form
3) The cost is $3 per transcript and you can make payment by cash, credit card, check or money order at the Cashier station in Griz Central or MC Business Office. An additional $5.00 fee is assessed for requests for Same-Day Processing (Rush Orders)
- Complete the Transcript Request Form. The request must be signed or the order cannot be processed. Mail the completed order form to the appropriate address below. The cost is $3 per transcript. The $2.25 Clearinghouse processing fee does not apply.
- Submit a written request and include:
- Student Identification Number
- Name used at U of M or previous names
- Date of Birth
- Your signature - required
- Last term of attendance
- Number of copies
- Your current telephone number
- Complete address of where Transcript will be sent
- Your return mailing address
- The cost is $3 per transcript. The $2.25 processing fee does not apply.
- An additional $5.00 fee is assessed for requests for Same-Day Processing (Rush Orders).
The request can be mailed to the appropriate address below (see bullets for information).
The University of Montana
Lommasson Center 201
Missoula, MT 59812
Missoula College University of Montana
909 South Ave West
Missoula, MT 59801
- *The University of Montana (AS, BS, BAS, BFA, masters degree and doctoral degree seeking student) transcripts from autumn 1989 to present are available via the National Student Clearinghouse. Transcripts for attendance prior to autumn 1989 are on hard copy and are maintained by the University of Montana Registrar’s Office.
- **Missoula College - formerly UM College of Technology - (AAS and Certificate degree seeking) transcripts from autumn 1994 to present are available via the National Student Clearinghouse. Transcripts prior to autumn 1994 are on hard copy and must be requested directly from the Missoula College Registrar’s Office.
- University of Montana Affiliated Campuses - We are not able to access, view, or provide transcripts from our affiliated campuses. Students who attended any other campus of the UM system must request transcripts directly from those institutions, which include: Montana Tech of The University of Montana (Butte), Highlands College (formerly Montana Tech College of Technology in Bute), Helena College (formerly UM-Helena College of Technology in Helena), or UM-Western (formerly Western Montana College - Dillon). Those units also are not able to access or view University of Montana – Missoula or Missoula College University of Montana records.
Official Transcript - $3.00. If you are using the National Student Clearinghouse online order method an additional $2.25 processing fee is required and a $1.00 fee for the electronic PDF. Any other method used to order official transcripts is $3.00 only.
Unofficial transcripts can be viewed on your secure account in CyberBear if you have attended since summer 1990.
Special handling/shipping requests require extra payment as follows:
- Same-Day Processing - $5.00 plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Express - United States - $25.00, plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Express - Canada/Mexico - $35.00, plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Express - Other International - $50.00 plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
Questions regarding transcripts should be directed to The University of Montana mountain campus at 406-243-2995 or the Missoula College campus 406-243-7887.
This office accepts requests via standard mail, ordered online through The Clearinghouse, or submitted in person. Email, Phone or Fax Requests cannot be accepted.