Official transcripts contain the signature of the Registrar and are individually sealed. A $3.00 fee is required for each official transcript. Please allow 3-5 days for processing. Expedited transcripts are available for a fee of $15.00 if ordered In Person or By Mail. Requests of this type will be processed within 24 hours.
Know Before You Order
- View/print your unofficial transcript in cyberbear.umt.edu
- Determine if your final grades have been posted
- Determine if your degree has been awarded
- View any holds on your account
Order Official University of Montana Transcript
Online - fastest, easiest method, 24/7
- Direct your browser to the National Student Clearinghouse website and follow the directions after clicking "Order-Track-Verify"
- For detailed guidelines, please consult the Online Ordering Instructions at at National Student Clearinghouse FAQ
- Login to the cyberbear.umt.edu site
- For detailed instructions or help visit our Help page
- Note: Only National Student Clearinghouse can process official electronic (PDF) transcripts.
In Person - 9am - 4pm, Monday - Friday
- Transcript Order Forms are available at the Registrar’s Office on the Mountain Campus or the Missoula College Campus, or at the following link: Transcript Request Form
- Completed and signed Transcript Request Forms can be submitted to the Office of the Registrar or left with Treasury Services after payment has been made at the Treasury Services Office.
- Please allow 3-5 days for processing. Expedited transcripts are available for a fee of $15.00. Requests of this type will be processed within 24 hours after receipt of request.
- Complete the Transcript Request Form. Mail the completed Order Form and appropriate payment to the appropriate address below:
University of Montana
Lommasson Center 201
Missoula, MT 59812
Missoula College University of Montana
909 South Ave West
Missoula, MT 59801
- Please allow 3-5 days for processing once request is received. Expedited transcripts are available for a fee of $15.00. Requests of this type will be processed within 24 hours.
- Make checks payable to "University of Montana"
- Official Transcript: $3.00 per copy.
- National Student Clearinghouse online PDF order method add: $2.25 processing fee + $1.00 electronic transcript fee, for a total of $6.25.
- National Student Clearinghouse online mail order method add: $2.25 processing fee + $2.35 shipping and handling fee for a total of $7.60.S
- Special handling/shipping requests through the National Student Clearinghouse:
- Express/International: $45.00 plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Express/Canada & Mexico: $35.00, plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Express/United States: $20.00, plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Special handling/shipping requests through UM Office of the Registrar
- Same-Day Processing: $15.00 plus $3.00 Official Transcript
- Express/International: $60.00 plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Express/Canada & Mexico: $42.00, plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Express/United States: $25.00, plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- The Office of the Registrar only accepts requests through the National Student Clearinghouse, in person, or standard mail.
- Email, phone, or fax requests cannot be accepted.
- If there is a hold on your account, your transcript request cannot be processed. It is your responsibility to notify us when your hold has been removed.
- Contact us with questions about a "Registrar's Transcript" hold.
- National Student Clearinghouse orders are processed at 11:15 am EST and 4:15pm EST each day.
- The Office of the Registrar can only issue an unofficial transcript with purchase of an official transcript. Unofficial transcripts can be accessed 24/7 through your cyberbear.umt.edu account.
- Transcript orders for the University of Montana affiliated campuses must be requested directly from those institutions:
Transcript Questions Email
University of Montana - Missoula (Mountain) campus: (406) 243-2996
Missoula College campus: (406) 243-7887