Notice: Effective 7/3/2017 the transcript fee will increase from $3.00 to $10.00.
Official transcripts contain the signature of the Registrar and are individually sealed. A $3.00 fee is required for each official transcript. Please allow 3-5 days for processing. Expedited transcripts are available for a fee of $15.00 if ordered In Person or By Mail. Requests of this type will be processed within 24 hours.
Know Before You Order
- View/print your unofficial transcript in cyberbear.umt.edu
- Determine if your final grades have been posted
- Determine if your degree has been awarded
- View any holds on your account
Order Official University of Montana Transcripts
Online - fastest, easiest method, 24/7
Option 1: Direct your browser to the National Student Clearinghouse website and follow the directions after clicking "Order-Track-Verify"
For detailed guidelines, please consult the Online Ordering Instructions at at National Student Clearinghouse FAQ
Note: Only National Student Clearinghouse can process official electronic (PDF) transcripts.
In Person - 9am - 4pm, Monday - Friday
- Transcript Order Forms are available at the Registrar’s Office on the Mountain Campus or the Missoula College Campus, or at the following link: Transcript Request Form
- Completed and signed Transcript Request Forms can be submitted to the Office of the Registrar or left with Treasury Services after payment has been made at the Treasury Services Office.
- Please allow 3-5 days for processing. Expedited transcripts are available for a fee of $15.00. Requests of this type will be processed within 24 hours after receipt of request.
University of Montana
Lommasson Center 201
Missoula, MT 59812
Missoula College University of Montana
1205 East Broadway St
Missoula, MT 59802
- Please allow 3-5 days for processing once request is received. Expedited transcripts are available for a fee of $15.00. Requests of this type will be processed within 24 hours.
- Make checks payable to "University of Montana"
- Official Transcript: $3.00 per copy.
- National Student Clearinghouse online PDF order method add: $2.25 processing fee + $1.00 electronic transcript fee, for a total of $6.25.
- National Student Clearinghouse online mail order method add: $2.25 processing fee + $2.35 shipping and handling fee for a total of $7.60.S
- Special handling/shipping requests through the National Student Clearinghouse:
- Express/International: $45.00 plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Express/Canada & Mexico: $35.00, plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Express/United States: $20.00, plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Special handling/shipping requests through UM Office of the Registrar
- Same-Day Processing: $15.00 plus $3.00 Official Transcript
- Express/International: $60.00 plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Express/Canada & Mexico: $42.00, plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- Express/United States: $25.00, plus $3.00 Official Transcript Fee
- The Office of the Registrar only accepts requests through the National Student Clearinghouse, in person, or standard mail.
- Email, phone, or fax requests cannot be accepted.
- If there is a hold on your account, your transcript request cannot be processed. It is your responsibility to notify us when your hold has been removed.
- Contact us with questions about a "Registrar's Transcript" hold.
- National Student Clearinghouse orders are processed at 11:15 am EST and 4:15pm EST each day.
- Transcripts requested to be held for pickup are available M-F 8a-5p in Lommasson 201. Transcripts are held for 30 days.
- The Office of the Registrar can only issue an unofficial transcript with purchase of an official transcript. Unofficial transcripts can be accessed 24/7 through your cyberbear.umt.edu account.
- Transcript orders for the University of Montana affiliated campuses must be requested directly from those institutions:
Transcript Questions Email
University of Montana - Missoula (Mountain) campus: (406) 243-2996
Missoula College campus: (406) 243-7887