Accessible Navigation.

Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Office of Diversion Control: Registration Application

Researchers planning to use any DEA regulated controlled substances in their animal research must have a current DEA license on file with the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) Coordinator, Kathy Mariucci, or must have applied for such a license before an Animal Use Protocol will be approved by the IACUC.

The registration application (Form 225) is available at

There is NO application fee for the DEA license for applicants from teaching institutions.

You do not need a State License number; UM researchers are exempt.

The UM tax exempt ID # is 816001713.

The Official is Dr. Scott Whittenburg, Vice President for Research, 406-243-6670.