About LCV Apartments
Can I request a roommate?
What size is my bed?
What furniture is included?
What size is my room?
About Living in LCV
Where do I check in to move in?
When can I move in?
Do I need a parking pass to park at Lewis and Clark Village?
Where do I park my vehicle?
Do I need to get a new parking permit each year?
What do I do if I want to change apartments?
How do I change the way I pay my rent?
Requesting Advance Rent
- Go to the Residence Life Forms page
- Select Advance Rent Request Form
- Complete Advance Rent Request Form
What do I do if I am having problems with my roommate?
What if I need maintenance in my bedroom or apartment?
Maintenance requests can be completed by the tenant on line for regular maintenance requests. To do this:
- Log into umhousing.sa.umt.edu
- Select Work Orders
- Select the area in which you are requesting maintenance
- Select New Work Order
- Select Room Space for common area followed by Category and Item
You can view the status of work orders by logging in and selecting the work order and clicking View/Modify.
For Emergency requests i.e. clogged toilets, water leaks, etc. please contact the Lewis and Clark Village Office by coming into the office or calling 552-3409, or sending an email to Cheryl Greely.
Any maintenance request can submitted by calling or coming into the Lewis and Clark Village Office.
How long does it take to maintenance to be complete?
About Moving Out
What do I do if I want to move out?
A 60 day vacate notice is required, NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be charged up to 60 days rent unless 60 days notice is given. Vacate dates may not be extended except in case of extreme emergency. Rooms are reassigned to new residents based on vacate dates.
- If you indicated a vacate date beyond 60 days, you will be charged through that date.
- If you indicated less than 60 days, you will be charged 60 days from the date of receipt of the notice.
- If you do not vacate by the date you indicated, we will re-key the unit and place your belongings in storage. You will be billed for the re-key as well as transfer and storage of your belongings.
If you move out and want to live at Lewis & Clark Village in the future, even if it is the next semester, you will need to submit a new Lewis & Clark Village housing application with the deposit and application fee as well as being placed on the wait for assignment list for a room to become available.
You may submit your 60 day intent to vacate notice online using the Vacate Form.
For more information about moving out, please see the Vacate Policies & Procedures Guide.
What happens if my roommate moves out?
After your roommate moves out Lewis and Clark Village staff (VA) will come in and check the vacated bedroom and do a visual check for damages in the common areas. Maintenance staff (custodian, carpenter and electrician) will then individually come in to their appropriate check of the vacant bedroom. Dates and times are difficult to schedule due to other work orders and priorities. This can take ten – fourteen working days depending on the time of year.
Roommates are reassigned to the vacant room. You can check CyberBear or the LCV office with questions.