Standard Two: Educational Program and its Effectiveness
General Requirements and Undergraduate Program
RD 2A-01: Instruments and procedures used to measure educational program effectiveness.
RD 2A-02: Inventory of documents that demonstrate the appraisal of educational program outcomes. The documents are to be available on campus for examination by the evaluation committee. Examples may include:
- annual goals and assessment of success in their accomplishment;
- studies of alumni and former students;
- studies regarding effectiveness of programs and their graduates;
- test comparisons that reveal beginning and ending competencies;
- surveys of student satisfaction.
Department/Program Level Assessment:
Academic Services Assessment:
General Education Learning Outcomes Assessment:
- Library Information Literacy Curriculum Tables
- Group V-Literary and Artistic Studies Assessment (hard copy exhibit)
- Evaluation of CHMY302E: Chemical Literature and Scientific Writing Assessment, an upper-division writing course and a general education course, Group VIII-Ethics and Human Values (hard copy exhibit)
Surveys of Student Satisfaction:
RD 2A-03: Inventory of degree programs that have been added or deleted in the last five years.
RD 2A-04: Number of degrees granted in each program for the last three years.
RD 2A-05: Published statements or other written rationale for the general education program.
RE 2A-01: Statement of degree objectives for each degree program.
RE 2A-02: Description of curriculum development bodies and advisory groups, with rules of procedure and recent minutes.
RE 2A-03: Complete departmental or program self-studies prepared for part of this self-study.
RE 2A-04: Evaluation forms and summary reports of student evaluations of faculty and courses.
RE 2A-05: Self-study and evaluation committee reports from external reviews and the most recent professional accreditation visits and documentation of resulting actions.
RE 2A-06: Criteria and procedures for admission and retention of students, maintenance of student records, and awarding of credit, including credit for prior experiential learning.
RE 2A-07: Policies regarding transfer of credit, including articulation agreements with other institutions.
RE 2A-08: Policies regarding remedial work.
RE 2A-09: Description of the materials and forms used in the academic advisement process.
RE 2A-10: Grade distribution studies.
RE 2A-11: Policies governing public service.
SM 2A-01: Compilation of entering freshman student ability measures.
SM 2A-02: Samples of course examinations and other instruments used to assess student achievement or competency and, when possible, available work products determined to be of different levels of quality.
- Math Literacy Exam (hard copy exhibit)
- Writing Examples from Art 203: Introduction to Art Criticism (hard copy exhibit)
- Writing Example from EVST 302: Introduction to Environmental Regulation (hard copy exhibit)
SM 2A-03: Funds devoted to research, if applicable, for each of the past three years; principal sources of such funds.
Other Supporting Materials
OSM 2A-01: Academic Units and Program Inventory
OSM 2A-02: Department/Program Accreditation Information
OSM 2A-03: Freshman and Transfer Student Transition Courses Syllabi