About the Conference
The 2018 Montana Medicolegal Death Investigation Conference will begin on Wednesday, September 19, with pre-conference workshops and a welcome reception. Thursday, September 20, and Friday, September 21, will feature speakers and presentations delivered by Medical Examiners, Coroners, University of Montana Professors, Crime Scene Investigators, Psychologists, Forensic Scientists, Attorneys and other professionals.
This conference is committed to advancing the accurate determination of the cause and the manner of death through the utilization of science, medicine and the law. This will be a valuable opportunity for sponsors and exhibitors to network with others in the field of death investigations. This is an excellent opportunity for you to interface directly with these professionals.
Continuing Education Information
We plan to apply for the following Continuing Education Credits: POST | ABMDI | CLE | CME | MNA. Check back often for updates.
Conference Topics will include
- Clinical aspects of Child and Elder Abuse and Death for Coroners, Physicians, Nurses
- Panel Discussion of Death Notification practices/Cultural Sensitivity Training/Interacting with Family Members
- Advanced Photography using ALS and Infrared
- Atypical/Equivocal Death Investigations
- Forensic Anthropology-Excavation Practices
- Forensic Entomology Workshop
- Multiple Fatalities and Disaster Protocol
- Deaths in Custody (Institutional and Care Facilities)
- Computer Session with Coroner/ME programs and Death Certificate preparation
- BYOC (Bring your own case)
- Human Decomposition and Time Since Death Estimations
- Osteology workshop with Kerf marks, toolmarks, pathology, osteobiography
- Manners and Causes of Death from State Medical Examiners
- Demonstrating Scientific Knowledge (Pathology, Forensic Science, Medical)