About the Conference
The 2018 Montana Medicolegal Death Investigation Conference will begin on Wednesday, September 19, with pre-conference workshops and a welcome reception. Thursday, September 20, and Friday, September 21, will feature speakers and presentations delivered by Medical Examiners, Coroners, University of Montana Professors, Crime Scene Investigators, Psychologists, Forensic Scientists, Attorneys and other professionals.
This conference is committed to advancing the accurate determination of the cause and the manner of death through the utilization of science, medicine and the law. This will be a valuable opportunity for sponsors and exhibitors to network with others in the field of death investigations. This is an excellent opportunity for you to interface directly with these professionals.
Continuing Education Information
We plan to apply for the following Continuing Education Credits: POST | ABMDI | CLE | CME | MNA. Check back often for updates.
Conference Topics will include
- Panel Discussion of Death Notification practices/Cultural Sensitivity Training/Interacting with Families/Secondary Trauma
- Advanced Photography Techniques for Body and Scene (Bring your camera!)
- ALS Photography for Body and Scene Workshop (Bring your camera!)
- Environmental & Work-related Deaths
- Forensic Anthropology/Osteology (Hands-on Workshop)
- Human Remains Burial Excavation (Lecture & Hands-on Workshop)
- Crime Lab Session (Toxicology, DNA/Serology, Latent Prints/Footwear, Firearms/Toolmarks)
- Montana Innocence Project Session
- Donner Party Case Study & POW/MIA Human Remains Recoveries and Cases
- FBI Case Studies
- FARO 3D measurement, imaging and Realization Technology (Bullet trajectory and Blood Spatter, Document & measure skulls for facial reconstruction purposes, evidence of injury/trauma to bones, etc.)
- BYOC (Bring Your Own Case)
- Student Paper Presentations
The target audience for this conference is Death Investigators, Coroners, Medical Examiners, Law Enforcement, Forensic Scientists, Physicians, Nurses, Forensic Nurses, Emergency Medical Technicians, Funeral Home Directors, Educators, College Students, and others involved with the investigation of violent, suspicious, or unexpected deaths.
|On or before Sept 2, 2018||After Sept 2, 2018|
|Full Conference Student||$100||$100|
|Daily Student Rate||$35||$35|