About the Program
Learn it today, apply it tomorrow.
The competencies required in the workplace are constantly evolving. It can be overwhelming to try to keep up. We offer programs that provide a framework and support for business owners and managers to assess their business capacity and create their personal development plan.
Our insightful and engaging Professional Development courses feature:
- Open to the public, amission to UM no required
- A noncredit format - no tests and no grades
- Instructors with professional experience in the fields they teach
- Small classes that average just 10 students
- A convenient schedule - most classes are offered in the evening
- Classes that range from one evening to a full term in length
- Courses that start regularly throughout the year
Enhance your career potential and become a more effective leader in your organization by developing interpersonal skills, such as emotional and social intelligence, personal strengths assessment and conflict interaction skill building. Focus on practical skill building in the areas of leadership, marketing, and operations to gain the edge you need to succeed.
UM's School of Extended & Lifelong Learning offers options for business owners and managers to address common issues impacting their organizations at various stages of growth as well as individual and team trainings. We can supplement your in-house training by offering:
- P5 Capacity Building Program
- Courses that address interpersonal and practical skill building
- Practical, current information in key areas
- Customized courses for a cost-effective solution when you have more than 10 employees to train