Two Outstanding Staff Awards worth $1,500 each are presented by the Office of the President each spring to University of Montana classified staff members. One award honors a staff member for Excellence in Job Performance, the other for Campus Interaction and Meritorious Job Performance.
Excellence in Job Performance Award
This award focuses on a staff member who excels in all aspects of his or her position, someone who possesses an excellent work ethic and has an extraordinary impact within their department as a role model, connecting with students, staff, faculty, or administrators.
Campus Interaction and Meritorious Job Performance Award
This award focuses on a staff member who not only exceeds expectations within the department but also interacts and provides service campus-wide, creating positive interactions with others and having impact outside their department.
Compliance with ALL of the following criteria is necessary to ensure consideration of the nominee.
- Who is eligible: Any classified staff member with a minimum of three years' service as a permanent employee.
- Who may nominate: Any University employee, including staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Nomination requirements:
- completed nomination form.
- letter of introduction from the nominating person, addressing the selection criteria listed on the nomination form.
- no more than three additional letters of support giving specific examples of how the employee has excelled and meets the criteria.
- Send nominations and documentation to: Judy Wellert, Staff Senate, 243-5422, PP135F, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations will be reviewed by a committee of staff members, including two staff senators and four past award recipients.
2014 Staff Awards
Outstanding Staff Award for Excellence in Job Performance
Mark Potter, Flathead Lake Biological Station
Outstanding Staff Award for Campus Interaction & Meritorious Job Performance
Kris Csorosz, Facilities Services - Grounds
Outstanding Service to the Campus Community Award
Matthew Filer, Office of the Registrar
Outstanding Teamwork Award
Grounds Crew, Facilities Services
Pictured here: Brian Fornall, Don Wilson, Michael Rollins, Brad Stacey, Adam Coe, Ben Carson, Kris Csorosz, and Roberta Mistrick.
Not pictured: Mike Avery, Mark Fryberger, Gregg Potter