The Staff Senate Outstanding Awards Committee selects the winners of two Outstanding Staff Awards worth $1,500 each that are presented each spring at the Employee Recognition Day festivities. The prizes are donated and presented by the Office of the President. These awards are the Excellence in Job Performance Award and the Campus Interaction and Meritorious Job Performance Award.
Excellence in Job Performance Award
This award focuses on a staff member who excels in all aspects of his or her position, someone who possesses an excellent work ethic and has an extraordinary impact within their department as a role model, connecting with students, staff, faculty, or administrators.
Campus Interaction and Meritorious Job Performance Award
This award focuses on a staff member who not only exceeds expectations within the department but also interacts and provides service campus-wide, creating positive interactions with others and having impact outside their department.
Compliance with ALL of the following criteria is necessary to ensure consideration of the nominee.
- Who is eligible: Any classified staff member with a minimum of three years' service as a permanent employee.
- Who may nominate: Any University employee, including staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Nomination requirements:
- completed nomination form.
- letter of introduction from the nominating person, addressing the selection criteria listed on the nomination form.
- no more than three additional letters of support giving specific examples of how the employee has excelled and meets the criteria.
- Send nominations and documentation to: Judy Wellert, Staff Senate, 243-5422, PP135F, email@example.com
Nominations will be reviewed by a committee of staff members, including two staff senators and four past award recipients.
2015 Staff Award Winners
Janean Clark, Administrative Associate Manager, Division of Biological Sciences
Outstanding Staff Award - Excellence in Job Performance
Michael Sweet, Computer Systems Analyst, College of Forestry and Conservation
Outstanding Staff Award - Campus Interaction and Meritorious Job Performance
Rita Garland, Benefits Associate, Human Resource Services
Outstanding Service to the Campus Community Award
The Veteran's Data Warehouse project - Outstanding Teamwork Award
Daniel Bowling, Connie Bowman, Ruth Burgad, Katherine Dalessio, Kerry Hallin, Camryn Hare, Derek Hubbard, Geofrrey Lake, Karen Moore, and Eric Seyden