The Staff Senate Outstanding Awards Committee selects the winners of two Outstanding Staff Awards worth $1,000 each. These awards are the Excellence in Job Performance Award and the Campus Interaction and Meritorious Job Performance Award. These are presented each spring at the Employee Recognition Day festivities. The prizes are donated and presented by the Office of the President.
Excellence in Job Performance Award
This award focuses on a staff member who excels in all aspects of his or her position - someone who possesses an excellent work ethic and has an extraordinary impact within their department as a role model, connecting with students, staff, faculty, or administrators.
Campus Interaction and Meritorious Job Performance Award
This award focuses on a staff member who not only exceeds expectations within the department but also interacts and provides service campus-wide, creating positive interactions with others and having impact outside their department.
Compliance with ALL of the following criteria is necessary to ensure consideration of the nominee.
- Who is eligible: Any classified staff member with a minimum of three years' service as a permanent employee.
- Who may nominate: Any University employee, including staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Nomination requirements:
- completed nomination form;
- letter of introduction from the nominating person addressing the selection criteria;
- no more than three additional letters of support giving specific examples of how the employee has excelled and meets the criteria;
- Send nominations and documentation to: Judy Wellert, Staff Senate, 243-5422, PP135F, email@example.com
Nominations will be reviewed by a committee of staff members, including two Staff Senators and four past award recipients.