x = independently organized event
The program begins at 7 p.m. in the Masquer Theatre of the UM Performing Arts and Radio/TV Center. No tickets will be sold at the event.
- TEDx introduction video
- Welcome by host Jillian Campana
- Diana Six - The Great Mountain Pine Beetle Outbreak: A Global Perspective
- Steven Gaskill - Perpetual Motion – Prepared for Learning
- TED video
- Chris Comer - Back to the Future: Sleuthing the Literary Mind
- Missoula Writing Collaborative - Introduction by Megan McNamer, executive director, The Missoula Writing Collaborative; readings by Elissa Taylor, age 14 and David Bower, age 10
- Josh Slotnick - Community Farming: It’s Not About Food
Interact with first-half speakers in the lobby of the Performing Arts and Radio/TV Center. Refreshments served.
- Morgan Mull-Osborn - Dance performance “Accumulation" performed to "Black Sands" by Bonobo
- Dale Sherrard - Technology and Sonic Culture: Do You Hear What I Hear?
- Neva Hassanein and Mark LoParco - Cultivating Food Democracy
- TED video
- Kimber McKay - Are Five Husbands Better Than One?
- Rafael Chacón - What My Genes Told Me
Interact with second-half speakers in the lobby of the Performing Arts and Radio/TV Center.
This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.