Interest-Free Bike Loan
Current students, faculty, and staff at the University of Montana are elligible for an 18-month zero-interest loan of up to $1000 to purchase a bicycle.
These funds may also be used to purchase bicycle accessories that would facilitate an easier or safer commute, such as a helmet, bike lights, U-lock, panniers, or fenders.
To be eligible, the borrower must be:
- a current member of Missoula Federal Credit Union and
- a current student, faculty, or staff member at the University of Montana
If you are not a current member of the Missoula Federal Credit Union, you may become a member for the purpose of receiving this loan.
To apply for a bike loan:
- Begin the loan process by filling out this online enrollment/employment form. You will need to sign in with your NetID to verify your enrollment or employment status.
- After filling out the online enrollment/employment verification form, you'll be directed to fill out a loan application from Missoula Federal Credit Union. Fill out the form and take it to the Missoula Federal Credit Union branch located in the University Center.
- A financial services representative at MFCU will review your loan application and work with you to complete the loan process.