Financial Aid Resources
Two scholarships are administered by TRiO SSS each year. "Like" us on Facebook for more information.
TRIO SSS Staff are knowledgeable and experienced at helping students understand financial aid, how it works, and how to explore opportunities for making college affordable. We work closely with UM’s Financial Aid Office—if we don’t know the answer to your question, we know the experts on campus who can help you. Some common questions we get:
- Can you help me understand my financial aid award?
- Can you answer questions about completing my FAFSA renewal?
- Can you explain “Satisfactory Academic Progress” and what requirements I have to meet?
- Can you help me appeal for reinstating my financial aid?
- Do you know where I can apply for other scholarship to supplement my Pell Grant and loans?
These links may also be helpful in answering questions related to financial aid:
*TRiO SSS is funded each year at $437,886, 93% of which is federal funds. More information on the federal TRiO programs is available on the US Department of Education website.