*TRIO UB is funded each year at $337,500, 100% of which is federal funds. More information on the federal TRIO programs is available on the US Department of Education website.
2020 SUMMER PROGRAM At-a-Distance
For the safety of all participants and staff, we have decided to cancel our regularly scheduled residential summer program, but we will be offering a new Summer Program At-a-Distance! We are hard at work putting together a calendar of fun and engaging events for our virtual programming. A detailed calendar will be published in the coming weeks, but for now, here is a small taste of what we’ll be offering:
- Weekly college prep workshops
- Weekly virtual social gatherings
- Weekly "club nights" (just like during in-person summer program, but online!)
- Innovative, engaging, and exciting virtual courses that you can participate in on your own schedule
- Academic project kits and fun care packages mailed directly to your home
- Virtual field trips - college tours, career fairs, museum explorations, and more!
- Exclusive access to online resources designed to keep your brain sharp and get you ready for college
- A jump start on college application and scholarship essay writing
- Individual mentoring and advising
- A Final Awards Ceremony!
Those who participate will earn a stipend of up to $300/month AND will be eligible to join us on our big Finally Free from Quarantine Trip (details TBD)!
We are keeping our original summer program dates (Monday, June 22 – Friday, July 31).
We are also recruiting new students that will be eligible to participate beginning this summer! Click here to see if you apply.
TRIO-Upward Bound at the University of Montana is a proud affiliate partner with the Montana College Access Network:Alumni, Students, Friends, and Former Staff are invited to join us for a reunion to celebrate 50 years of Upward Bound at the University of Montana!