Planning and scheduling ahead of time is the key to a successful event. It is very important to secure preferred locations, dates, and times well in advance as the University Center schedules space on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Call or stop by the Conference and Event Planning Office to check for availability of space. We can tentatively hold a space for a certain amount of time while you work out details. You will need to confirm or cancel your tentative hold as soon as possible.
Things to consider while planning
- Determine the date(s) and time(s) for your event, with alternate dates if possible.
- Know the type of event you are planning, i.e., meeting, lecture, reception, plated lunch or dinner, or buffet, etc.
- Estimated number of people expected to attend your event
- Contact name and billing information of the responsible party, department, or organization
- Consider room setup, equipment, and possible technical needs
- Communicate any accessibility needs to our sales team
- Prepare an event timeline and program details
- Establish your budget
- Room rental
- Audio/visual equipment rental and labor fees
- Equipment rental
- Setup fees and gratuity
How do I make arrangements for additional services?
University Catering Services invites you to take advantage of award winning services reserved exclusively for UM students, faculty, staff, alumni, and campus guests. Once you have secured a location for your event, contact University Catering Services to begin your food and beverage planning.
University Catering Services welcomes the opportunity meet your food and beverage needs. Catering staff are conveniently located in the same office suite as the Conference and Event Planning staff. Menus can be conveniently found on their website. Stop by room 340 or call 406.243.4899.
Conference and Event Planning staff will help you confirm your technical needs. When you confirm your reservation, we will ask you questions about desired room setup, equipment, and technology needs. Small meetings or events may be arranged by phone. For larger events, we will request a planning meeting to discuss details and to develop diagrams of your desired setup.