- Get Involved
- • Student Involvement Network
- • Fraternity & Sorority Involvement
- • UC Game Room
- • Tunnel of Oppression
- • Griz Lead
- • Student Involvement Guide
The Source Policies
Policy Revised April 15, 2013
Banners In The University Center
Banners are allowed under the following conditions which are monitored by The Source:
- Banners must be approved by UC Source staff prior to hanging.
- Subject matter must advertise a student group, campus activity, or non-profit organization of interest to students.
- Banners must be hung using string or rope from the bottom rungs of the second floor balcony. Do not use tape or other materials to hang banners.
- All banners must have a 9’ clearance from any stairway and the ground floor of the UC. Additionally, they must have a 5’ clearance from either railing if hanging across the atrium.
- Banners can be hung across the atrium, however banners should not be hung on the bridge connecting both sides of the atrium. This blocks necessary light for plant life in the UC.
- Banners are to be hung and removed by the individual/organization. Banners that are not removed will be held for 24 hours and then discarded.
- Banners not promoting a time sensitive event may remain up for a period of 10 week days, up to twice a semester. This includes banners for regular meetings of religious, political, or special interest groups.
- Banners with specified event dates must be removed within 24 hours of the event, without exception.
- The UC is not responsible for any banners left hanging beyond these time limits.
- The Source staff reserves the right to remove improperly hung banners and hold them for a period of 24 hours before discarding.
- The UC reserves the right to take down all banners without notice for special events.
- No banner should be hung without the sponsor name and phone number or e-mail clearly written on the banner. Contact information needs to be visible from the first floor of the UC.
- Commercial messages and/or product promotions are not allowed, except at building tenant’s business location.
- Local, state, national or international political promotions are not allowed, unless sponsored by an ASUM organization.
- Promotions of ASUM candidates and/or issues are allowed in accordance with ASUM bylaws during ASUM elections.
- Postings are not allowed on the windows of private business, painted surfaces, doors, and elevators.
- Profanity will not be allowed.
- The UC will not allow beer, liquor, or tobacco products (name, trademark, or logo) in advertisements and promotions for, or as sponsors of any University event or activity regardless of location.
Policy On Advertising/Promotion Involving Alcohol/Tobacco
- As mentioned above, will not use beer, liquor, or tobacco products (name, trademark, or logo) in advertisements and promotions for, or as sponsors of, any University event or activity regardless of location.
- Will not use any University logo, trademark, or name in conjunction with alcoholic beverage or tobacco products or symbols.
- Will not make alcohol or tobacco the focus of any University event, or use availability of beer or other alcoholic beverages or tobacco to promote any University event.
- Will not provide alcoholic beverage or tobacco products as awards or prizes to any person or organization participating in any University event on University property.
Update The Source
The Source would be pleased to disseminate information about your upcoming event and even sell tickets for your event.
Advertising in the University Center
- Subject matter must advertise a campus event or service or be of benefit to the campus community.
- Commercial promotions are not allowed unless associated with a building tenant and must be limited to the business location.
- Local, state, national, or international political promotions are not allowed, unless sponsored by an ASUM organization.
- Promotions of ASUM candidates and/or issues are allowed in accordance with ASUM bylaws during ASUM elections. Postings are not allowed on the windows of private businesses, painted surfaces, doors, and elevators.
- Profanity will not be allowed.
- All banners, index cards, and posters must be approved by The Source with the exception of ASUM political campaign material.
- The Source will accept and post up to two posters or flyers for posting in designated locations in the UC.
The Source Ticketing Service
The producer and/or sponsor of the event is fully responsible for all ticketing stock for each event.
The produce and/or sponsor is also fully responsible for the information that is printed on the ticket stock.
Any publicity or advertising must include "The Source, University Center Box Office" as a ticketing location.
With any publicity or advertising for "The Source", there must not contain any mention or visual of drugs or alcohol as per the advertising policy in the University of Montana Student Code of Conduct.
Ticketing service cost may include an additional one-dollar ($1.00) per ticket sold as compensation for ticketing service and staffing or a 4% credit card fee charged to the producer and/or sponsor for all credit card purchases. The Source accepts MasterCard and Visa as well as cash, check, and U-Money for forms of payment.
For tickets sold on behalf of a campus entity including ASUM recognized student groups, The Source must deposit all ticket sales into a campus banner index. This is in accordance to Board of Regent and University policy. The Source must receive a banner index prior to the tickets going on sale. Deposit for the sale of tickets will be posted directly into the banner index provided.
For tickets sold on behalf of a non-campus entity, ticket settlement cannot be made the day of the event as all payments must be processed through campus Business Services. Checks will be mailed from our state capital in Helena within (10) business days. For any new vendor, The Source must be in receipt of a W-9 prior to tickets going on sale. The W-9 form can be found at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
Providing ticketing services at The Source shall not be construed as an endorsement by the University Center and the University of Montana. The Source reserves the right to refuse or cancel any ticketing agreement when it is deemed that such action is necessary for the best interest of the University Center and/or the University of Montana.