Advertising Opportunities in the University Center
In order to put up a poster on the public bulletin boards in the UC you must bring two copies to The Source. They will put their stamp of approval on each poster and hang the posters on each of the public bulletin boards. This stamp ensures the poster has been approved and will not be removed until its expiration date. Posters can stay up for two weeks or until the information has expired.
Inside the UC
Banners inside the building, in the University Center, must be approved by The Source. Subject matter must advertise a student group, campus activity, or non-profit organization of interest to students. Banners can stay up for 10 weekdays. You are responsible to take down and collect your banner within 24 hours of your event. To learn more about the policies for hanging banners inside the University Center read The Source policies.
Outside the UC
Banners that display outside of the University Center on one of the main entrances must be reserved in advance through Conference and Event Planning. You can simply call (406) 243-4114 to reserve your spot. Be sure to reserve well in advance, these spaces fill up quickly.
UC TV slides
The University Center has three televisions in the building and one in the Missoula College, with slide rotations that are free for student groups to use. With one slide submission you can display on all 4 screens. Please submit slides that are 1920 px by 1080 px through the TV Slide submission form. Please state your requested run time (max 2 weeks).
Update The Source
Updating the source prior to your event can be a great resource. It is the official information desk, and people will likely go there to ask about general information for your event. To update the source, simply fill out the Update The Source form.
Retail Partner Opportunities
There are some opportunities for our retail partners to advertise in the University Center. There is a large cylindrical display with poster spaces available. Please contact the University Center Marketing Office (406) 243-5555 to reserve one of these spaces. The dimensions are 45” tall x 25” wide. The poster must be able to remain in the kiosk for a minimum of 6 weeks. *This space is reserved for University Center retail partners.
Table Tents Procedure
- UC Administration must approve all table tents prior to being placed in the UC. Requests must be submitted at least 3 business days prior to placement.
- Table tents may be requested for placement in the UC by a UC entity, UC business partner, or ASUM recognized group.
- Table tents are only allowed for time sensitive events and may be placed around the UC no more than 7 days prior to the event.
- All table tents must be a folded, free-standing tent and not a flat sheet or flyer. Table tents must contain contact information for the ASUM group or UC entity.
- The table tent must be date stamped by the organization with the stamp provided by UC Administration; the stamp will reflect the date for removal, typically the day following the event/program.
- Only one group at a time will be allowed to display table tents.
- UC Administration will maintain a calendar of approved requests; it will be filled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The organization is responsible for removing the tents at the appropriate time.
- Table tents may only be placed around the first and second floor Atrium and fixed seating areas, which includes the Commons dining area; table tents are not allowed in the second floor Tech Lounge, second floor meeting rooms, or anywhere on the third floor.
- The University Center assumes no responsibility for maintaining the tents.