The goal of The University of Montana Allies Program (UM Allies) is to promote a campus environment that is inclusive and supportive of all individuals, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. See the complete list to find an ally nearest you!
Goals of UM Allies
- Identify and nurture safe people and spaces for LGBTIQ campus members by having "out" Allies.
- Create visible support for the LGBTIQ community (via stickers & website).
- Develop opportunities for heterosexual and gender-conforming allies to help.
- Promote awareness of diversity issues, more broadly, on campus.
- Recruit new Allies!
- Reach "invisible"/vulnerable community members.