The goal of The University of Montana Allies Program (UM Allies) is to promote a campus environment that is inclusive and supportive of all individuals, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Goals of UM Allies
- Identify and nurture safe people and spaces for LGBTIQ campus members by having "out" Allies.
- Create visible support for the LGBTIQ community (via stickers & website).
- Develop opportunities for heterosexual and gender-conforming allies to help.
- Promote awareness of diversity issues, more broadly, on campus.
- Recruit new Allies!
- Reach "invisible"/vulnerable community members.