Points of Pride
- School of Art Assistant Professor Trey Hill, ceramics, went to the Da Wang Cultural Highlands in China as an invited artist to build, sculpt and exhibit his work. He also will exhibit in China in the summer of 2012 - solo in Beijing and at a two-person show in Xian.
- School of Music student Ben Murphy, a senior working toward a bachelor of music degree in Composition/Music Technology, won the Music Teachers National Association Young Artist Composition Competition.
- Theatre designers gathered in Prague, Czech Republic, to showcase their exhibits during the Prague Quadrennial 2011. The University of Montana was selected to represent the U.S. in this competition. Professors Mike Monsos and Alessia Carpoca were joined by nine students in this prestigious competition.
- School of Music Associate Professor Charles Nichols was a finalist in the 2011 International Music Prize for Excellence in Composition. He will be honored by the National Academy of Music with a diploma in music composition.
- School of Media Arts graduate student, Amber Bushnell, recently completed two digital art installations. One was in conjunction with the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC and the other with the international Digital Graffiti Festival in Alys Beach, Fla.