Schedule an Appointment with my UAC Advisor
Students who receive their primary advising at the Undergraduate Advising Center (Undeclared, Pre-Nursing, Undergraduate Non-Degree, freshman Media Arts, and Pre-Medical Sciences and Pre-Physical Therapy students whose primary major is Undeclared) can now schedule their academic advising appointments in Starfish.
What is Starfish? Starfish is a student success platform that incorporates academic support and student self-service capabilities into a single portal for students, faculty and advisors.
To schedule an advising appointment with your advisor via Starfish:
- Go to umt.edu/starfish (use your net ID and password to log in). You will be taken to the My Success Network page.
- On the My Success Network page, under “My Connections”, select your primary advisor.
- Using the drop down menu next to your advisor’s name, select “Schedule”.
- You will be taken to the ‘Schedule Appointment’ screen. Under “What do you need help with?”, select “Advising (30min & 1 hr).
- Once you select “Advising”, additional appointment options will populate. Select “Advising Appointment (30 min).
- Select a day and time for your appointment that works for you.
- When your appointment information appears, you will be given an option to enter additional comments under “If you want, tell us a little bit about what’s going on so we can help”.
- Be sure to confirm your appointment by clicking the “Confirm” button at the bottom right of the screen.
Students who receive their primary advising at the Undergraduate Advising Center can also schedule an appointment with their assigned advisor by contacting their UAC advisor directly. Please reference the UAC staff Directory for your advisor’s contact information.
Students in all other majors must contact their assigned advisor by phone or email to schedule an appointment.
You can find your primary advisor’s contact information in the Advisors section of your Student Profile (located under Student Services) in Cyberbear. If you don’t have an assigned advisor in Cyberbear or don’t know who your advisor is, please reference the Advising Directory for contact information for your department.
For additional appointment scheduling assistance or for further clarification, please call our front desk at (406) 243-2835.