Events calendar procedures
There are two ways to submit events to the UM events calendar:
- Go to http://events.umt.edu, click on the “Post your event” link and complete the form.
- Email the calendar editor at email@example.com.
All events submitted for inclusion on the UM events calendar should include the following information:
- Event title
- Date and start time
- End time if appropriate
- Venue name (Provide address for events held off campus. You can include a map as well.)
- Description of the event
- Organizer or contact name, email and phone number
- Cost (provide a web address for tickets or registration, if possible)
- If the event is free and open to the public, include that in the description
- Web address for additional information
- A photo related to your event that is at least 500 by 500 pixels
Feeds for departmental calendars
Departments will no longer have separate calendars and events should be submitted to the main UM calendar.
Official UM units are encouraged to post events on the UM events calendar and then use an events feed plugin to display calendar content on departmental web pages. Calendar feeds are created using a combination of categories and tags on events.