Family Weekend 2018
Mark your calendar for Family Weekend 2018, which will take place Oct. 26-28. Family Weekend is an annual event that brings together students, their families and friends for three days of unique UM experiences.
This year, the Grizzly football team will play UC Davis on Saturday, Oct. 27.
Online registration and ticket sales for Family Weekend 2018 will open Wednesday, Sept. 5.
Ticket & Package Options
There are three options for each Family Weekend participant:
- Pay a $5 registration fee for non-student participants, which provides access to all non-ticketed Family Weekend events.
- Purchase the Family Weekend Package for $70, which includes:
- A football game ticket to watch the Griz take on UC Davis
- A Grizzly pregame brunch ticket
- A SWAG bag that includes Griz spirit items
- Access to all non-ticketed Family Weekend events
- Purchase a Pregame Brunch-Only Ticket for $16, which includes:
- Access to the Family Weekend pregame brunch event
- Access to all non-ticketed Family Weekend events
Package Ticket Cost
Package tickets cost $70 each. There is no limit to the number of tickets you can purchase as long as they are available. All major credit cards are accepted. A total of 550 football package tickets are available for Family Weekend attendees this year.
Brunch-only Ticket Cost
Brunch-only tickets cost $16. If you are a football season-ticket holder, or your student plans to sit in the student section at the game but you would still like to attend the pregame brunch, you can purchase a brunch-only ticket. There will be a limited number of brunch-only tickets available.
You will receive the link and promo code needed to purchase tickets via this newsletter on Tuesday, Sept. 5. Tickets are sold first-come, first-served and must be purchased online.
Though your student's standard free football game ticket will be available the week of the game, you must purchase a package ticket for your student if you want them to sit with you in the Family Weekend section at the game and join you for the pregame brunch.
When purchasing tickets, you will be considered the Primary Registrant and will be required to enter your student's name, regardless if you are purchasing a package or brunch-only ticket for them. This helps us organize information for families.
After you fill out your contact information and provide your student's name, you will register every guest in your party. You will need to re-enter your student as a guest if you intend to purchase them a package or brunch-only ticket. It is possible to purchase tickets from a mobile device.
Receiving Your Tickets
You will pick up your tickets during Family Weekend registration from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Oct 26, at the first floor West Atrium Desk of the University Center. If you are arriving after 6 p.m. on Friday, please send your student to pick up your Family Weekend packet during registration hours. If neither you nor your student can pick up your packet on Friday, ticket pickup will be available from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, Oct 27, outside of the pregame brunch held in the University Center Ballroom. After 1 p.m., all remaining tickets must be collected at the Adams Center Box Office.
Family Weekend Schedule
We currently are planning the 2018 Family Weekend schedule. Activities will include UM President Bodnar’s Inauguration ceremony, UM Jazz Band’s Tribute to Duke Ellington, free access to Campus Rec, coupons to local businesses, museum tours, a pre-game meal, tailgating with the Grizzly Scholarship Association, UC Game Room play, Cultural Night at the Payne Family Native American Center with firepit storytelling and performances, planetarium shows, free entrance to Costco and much more!
Several hotels offer families discounted rates in honor of Family Weekend. Be sure to book soon to secure this special pricing. Three properties located on the banks of the Clark Fork River and within walking distance of campus are now booking for Family Weekend:
- The Double Tree by Hilton: Families staying can reserve standard king or double queen rooms for $149 per night. Reservations can be made by calling 406-728-3100 and mentioning the UM Family Weekend rate.
- The Holiday Inn Downtown: The block rates are $134/night for Wednesday and Thursday and $154/night for Friday, Saturday. Reservations can be made online or by calling 406-721-8550 or 1-800-HOLIDAY and mention UM Family Weekend. Note: The booking link is not mobile compatible.
- The University Comfort Inn: Families staying can reserve standard king or double queen rooms including a complimentary full, hot breakfast buffet. Reservations can be made by calling 406-549-7600 and mentioning the UM Family Weekend rate.
Looking for a location near shopping, airport and restaurants on Reserve Street?:
- The Hilton Garden Inn: Enjoy an indoor swimming pool and whirlpool and dining at the adjacent Blue Canyon Kitchen and Tavern. Mention UM Family Weekend and get a discounted room rate of $129 per night Thursday-Saturday.