Withdrawal Policies

Withdrawal from The University of Montana

Students who withdraw from the University while a semester is in progress must complete withdrawal forms which are obtained from the Office of the Registrar in Lommasson 201. Drop/add forms cannot be used to withdraw from school and students are not allowed to drop all their courses on the Internet. International students must first contact the Foreign Student Advisor before withdrawing as visa status will be affected. Medical withdrawals are granted only for a student's significant health problems and must be documented by a healthcare provider.

When withdrawal forms are completed in the Office of the Registrar in Lommasson 201 before the last two weeks of the semester, grades of W (withdrawal) are assigned. Beginning two weeks from the end of the term, students may not withdraw from the University except for very unusual circumstances. Such late withdrawals are to be approved by the student's academic dean before the end of the semester. However, in exceptional cases, a student's academic dean may approve retroactive withdrawal for the last semester in attendance, provided the request is approved before the end of the student's next semester of enrollment.

For complete academic policies, please view the UM Catalog: http://catalog.umt.edu/academics/policies-procedures/.