Resources for Writers
Remember that a particular resource below may not apply to all writing situations. In addition to consulting the resources below, please consider making an appointment to meet one-to-one with a writing tutor.
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab – This is an excellent site with concise and abundant materials for students.
Writing in Different Disciplines: Developed In Cooperation with UM Faculty
- Writing in Accounting and Finance
- Writing in Economics
- Writing in Enviromental Studies
- Writing in History
- Writing in History Part II: Analysis and Interpretation
- Writing about Literature
- Writing in Sociology
- Writing in Social Work
- Writing for Ways of Knowing
- The Style Academy – Free tutorials and exercises to develop more effective sentence and paragraph structure.
Editing and Proofreading
Evaluating Your Own Writing
- Evaluating your own writing – A helpful checklist to use before you turn in an assignment
Using and Citing Sources
- Three ways to use sources: Summarizing, Paraphrasing, and Quoting
- UM Mansfield Library’s APA guide
- UM Mansfield Library’s ASA guide
- UM Mansfield Library’s Chicago guide
- UM Mansfield Library’s MLA guide