Freshman Admission

Apply as a freshman if:

  • you are a first-time college student currently enrolled in high school or 
  • you are concurrently enrolled in high school and a college (Running Start or Dual Enrollment program) or
  • you have graduated from high school but have not attempted 12 or more college-level credits.

Freshman Admission is a Three-Step Process


To apply online or print a paper application, click on the Apply Now link above and choose the term you would like to start.


ACT/SAT test scores are not required for admission to the University of Montana.


Send/upload an unofficial transcript when you apply. Send UM your official high school transcript upon graduation. The transcript must include your date of graduation and final GPA.

After you're accepted

Next steps
| Housing options | Orientation

Other Types of Admission


Apply as a transfer student if you have attempted 12 or more credits at another college or university.


Apply as an international student if you are coming from outside the U.S., or you are living in the U.S. under an F, B, H, J, L, or M Visa.

Missoula College

Apply to Missoula College if you are interested in one- and two-year programs. Use the Missoula College application if you are interested in attending UM Bitterroot


Learn more about applying for graduate programs, or applying for professional programs in Law, Pharmacy, or Physical Therapy.

Returning Student

Apply as a returning student if you previously attended UM and interrupted your enrollment for more than 24 months.