Missoula College Freshman Admissions Requirements
Incoming students who are graduating from high school or meeting the equivalent who have not taken college coursework after graduation.
- Submit a complete undergraduate admissions application and pay the $30 application fee.
- Request an official final transcript be sent directly to the Undergraduate Admissions Office from your high school upon graduation or its equivalent of the HiSET or G.E.D. official scores including test date and test scores.
- Submit placement scores. These are not required for admissions, but can be used for placement.
Missoula College Transfer Students
Incoming students who have completed 12 or more college-level credits at another college/university after graduating high school and who are entering Missoula College for the first time.
- Submit a complete undergraduate admissions application for Missoula College and pay the $30 application fee.
- Send current official transcript(s) from all colleges that you’ve attended directly to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- If you are currently attending college/university elsewhere ensure that you final official transcript is sent after you complete your final term to ensure that we have all of your transcripts.
Non-traditional students with a high school diploma or GED/HiSET and no college credits
Non-traditional applicants are those who enter college after three years after high school graduation or after three years from when they would have graduated from high school.
- Submit a complete undergraduate admission application and pay the $30 application fee.
- Request to have official high school transcript, HiSet or GED which must include graduation or test date and final GPA or test scores be sent the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
Home school students
- Submit a completed undergraduate admission application and pay the $30 application fee.
- Submit a written statement of the curriculum including all courses you have completed at the high school level. If you have completed a pre-packaged program and receive transcripts, then the transcripts are required.
- Submit a letter of verification from the instructor(s). This can be a parent or an outside teacher that states they did instruct you.
- If you are unable to produce a four-year curriculum and/or the official verification letter from the instructor, then you will be required to take the HiSET.
- If you are applying under the age of 17, your file will automatically be selected to go to a review committee. This committee evaluates if a student is academically and emotionally prepared for college.
Admitted students to Missoula College must take placement test(s) to determine placement into writing and math course if the following are not met.
- a score of 22 on the ACT Math section
- or a score of 27.5 on the SAT Math section
- or a score of 3 or higher on the AP Calculus AB or BC exam
- or a score of 4 on the International Baccalaureate calculus exam
- or transferring in acceptable college-level math from another institution
- a score of 19 on the new ACT Writing section
- or a score of 18 on the ACT Combined English/Writing section
- or a score of 25 on the SAT Writing section
- or a score of 3 on the AP English Language or English Literature exam
- or a score of 4 on the International Baccalaureate Language exam
- or a score of 50 on the CLEP Subject Exam in Composition
- or COMPASS E-Write 7 or above
- or transferring college-level English credit from another institution
If you have met any of these placement requirements please ensure that you send in your official scores so we can empower you to not take the placement exams.