Other Applicants

Traditional-aged Freshmen with a GED/HiSET

First-time college students who are not yet 21 and have earned a GED/HiSET must submit an application and the fee (preferably online), and request GED/HiSET scores sent to the Enrollment Services-Admissions.

Apply now!

Non-Traditional Students

Non-traditional-aged applicants (out of high school more than three years) submit a complete application with payment (preferably online) and request high school or college transcripts or GED/HiSET scores be sent to Enrollment Services-Admissions.

Apply now!


If you have earned a bachelor's degree from another institution or UM and want to pursue another undergraduate degree then you are considered a post-baccalaureate student.

Learn more about the Post-Baccalaureate program.


Returning Students

Students previously enrolled at the University of Montana-Missoula who have interrupted their enrollment for more than 24 months must submit the Application for Readmission. The Application for Readmission may be obtained from the Registrar's Office website and should be returned one month before registration to avoid registration delays and late fees. There is no fee for the Application for Readmission.

Learn more about returning to UM.


If you have earned a bachelor's degree and would like to pursue a graduate program at UM, please visit the Graduate School website for more information.

Professional Programs

Law School
School of Physical Therapy

Home School

Learn more about applying as a home school student.

Student Veterans

The University of Montana has established the Veteran’s Education and Transition Services Office (VETS Office) to assist veterans and their family members in achieving academic success. We are a liaison for G.I. Bill education benefits between the University of Montana, the Veterans Administration (VA) and the student.

Learn more about the resources available for Student Veterans.

UM Online

UM Online provides high-quality University of Montana courses to fit the busy lives of students. Online courses are offered through an Internet-based system that provides the tools necessary to engage effectively in studies. This program facilitates access to educational opportunities through online learning, summer and winter programs, off-campus courses and degrees, and professional development programs. Students must be formally admitted to the University of Montana prior to registering for UMOnline courses. If you plan to take online courses only, be sure to check Online Courses Only on your admission application.


This admission status is designed for nondegree students who have never been formally admitted to UM and will attend only Summer Semester. It is not intended for those pursuing a UM degree. Students can register for a maximum of 6 credits during Summer Semester only.

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (download link) to download and complete the Summer Only application.  Once you have downloaded the form, open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, and click the ‘Fill and Sign’ option on the right hand menu.  This will allow you to complete the form electronically.  Once you have completed the form, save it, and send it as an attachment to admiss@umontana.edu”   

Apply for Summer-Only Admissions Status here!

MOLLI (50+ years of age)

At the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UM (MOLLI), we offer an array of educational and social opportunities that promote the lifelong learning and personal growth of +50 individuals through a diverse collection of non-credit courses, special member events, and community activities.

Learn more about the MOLLI Program.