Undergraduate Admissions

Undergraduate Admissions

Early to College Dual Enrollment - Missoula College

The Dual Enrollment program enables high school students to earn college credit by taking classes at the University of Montana and Missoula College. Dual Enrollment tuition is 50% of the Resident Missoula College/2-year tuition rate. Mandatory and non-mandatory fees are not assessed, except for applicable course fees. Dual Enrollment students are not eligible to use campus services (i.e. Campus Recreation Center, Athletic Facilities) and are not charged fees for these services.

  1. A Dual Credit course awards both high school credit and college credit for a college course taken by the high school student. The decision to award high school credit for the college course rests with the school district, if the decision is consistent with applicable laws, policies, and administrative rules.
  2. A College Credit only course awards college credit, but not high school credit, for a college course taken by the high school student.

If you plan to enroll at any of the University of Montana campuses as a college student after high school, you must apply as a regular undergraduate student.  This includes: submission of an undergraduate application, $30 application fee, and a final high school transcript showing graduation or an official HiSET Score report.

Dual Enrollment Student Eligibility

To be eligible for a dual enrollment course, the student must:

  1. be enrolled in a Montana high school district (to participate in dual enrollment opportunities, home-schooled students may enroll in dual enrollment classes via the district in which they reside);
  2. be between the ages of 16 – 19.
  3. have successfully completed the required high school classes at that grade level and be on track for high school graduation within a four-year construct

Course Selection:

Dual Credit Course Parents and High School Students – check with your high school counselor to see if your school has a dual enrollment agreement with Missoula College UM. For more information, contact the Dual Enrollment Office of Missoula College at (406) 552-8689.

College Credit Only Course Registration for the College Credit Only Dual Enrollment program depends on availability and prerequisite requirements. For example, a student wanting to take Anatomy and Physiology at the college level may be restricted because this course is reserved for Health Science Program majors. Special instructor approval is required to register for some courses. Students should meet with their high school guidance counselor to discuss courses that make sense for their long-term goals. The General Education and Writing Courses website is a good place to start.

University of Montana Dual Enrollment students wishing to take advantage of the discounted tuition rate are restricted to college-level, 100 and 200-level courses at all campuses. Students wishing to enroll in developmental courses (e.g. M 090, WRIT 095) or upper-division courses (300-500 level) will be charged the full, regular cost tuition and fees upon registration.


  • Step 1: Pick up application materials from your high school counselor.
  • Step 2: Have the required administrators sign your application for admission: counselor, principal, parent and submit to the Missoula College via mail or in-person. For specific questions about completing the Dual Enrollment application, please email jordan.patterson@umontana.edu or call (406) 552-8689.
  • Step 3: Class registration. This is where you get to experience the virtual world of college registration. Once you are admitted and complete the math placement test (if registering for math) you can login to CyberBear to register for your classes.
  • Step 4: Pay for your classes. Follow the instructions provided on CyberBear for fee payment or contact business services at Missoula College at (406) 243-7870.
  • Subsequent Registration: Registration for future semesters follows the same procedures. Although no application is required, a new signed registration form is required each semester.
  • For students who are taking an on-campus college credit only, course immunization records are required.

This is a College Course:

The grade you receive once admitted to Dual Credit Enrollment will appear on your college transcripts. The last day to withdraw from the course for a partial refund is the end of the third week of college classes (UM Calendar). If you cancel a course after the third week, you will receive a W on your transcript and will not receive a refund on tuition.

Dual Enrollment Release Form

Payment Deadline:

Students must pay their Dual Credit Enrollment tuition in full before the 15th instructional day. Please log into CyberBear. If you need additional support please see IT Support.


If you have questions or need to withdraw or cancel Dual Credit Enrollment, please contact Jordan Patterson at (406) 552-8689. For all payment questions please contact Missoula College Business Services at (406) 243-7870.