Capacity has been met and registration has closed for our next UM Days event Saturday, May 15. For information about personal on-campus visits, group visits and virtual visits, visit the University of Montana's Campus Visit page.
Please note: This UM Days event is not available to walk-ins due to capacity issues and precautions related to COVID-19. Check back here soon for information about UM Days to come later this year.
Open houses at the University of Montana — referred to as UM Days — rank as the most popular program among campus visits for prospective students who wish to experience UM's campus and Missoula.
By attending UM Days, students have the chance to tour campus, view rooms in residence halls, visit with faculty, enjoy lunch at the Food Zoo and hear from various student services on campus, including UM Housing, the Curry Health Center, Campus Recreation, Career Services and many more. The event includes a midday session dedicated to introducing students to the university's many academic degree programs. Students and families can also find information on admissions, housing and financial aid.
Saturday, May 15 UM Days
|9:45-10:30 a.m.||Student Service Fair||University Center, 3rd Floor, Ballroom|
|9:45-10:30 a.m.||Check-In||University Center, 1st Floor, Lobby|
|10:30-10:45 a.m.||Welcome||University Center, 3rd Floor, Ballroom|
|10:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.||Campus Tour||Various Campus Locations|
|12:15-12:45 p.m.||Dean Presentations by College||Various Academic Spaces|
|12:45-2:15 p.m.||Lunch in the Food Zoo||Food Zoo, 1st Floor, Lommasson Center|
|2:30-3:30 p.m.||Current Student Panel||University Center, 3rd Floor, Ballroom|
|3:35-4:15 p.m.|| Admissions Presentation, Q&A
(Info on applying for future Griz)
|University Center, 2nd Floor, Room 225|
|3:30-5 p.m.|| Bear Tracks Business
(Time for admitted students to work on pre-Orientation items)
|Various Campus Computer Labs
University Center, 3rd Floor, Ballroom
|3:45 p.m.||The Griz Experience - Optional||M Trail, Stadium, eSports, etc. (details below)|
- The Griz Experience (3:45 p.m.): Explore the University Center and its famed indoor jungle that rises three stories. Join an eSports tournament and see why 200+ students are part of this fast-growing club at UM. Walk the turf of our Washington-Grizzly Stadium and imagine what this place sounds like when 26,000 Griz fans fill the seats. Lace up your hiking boots to experience Montana's most popular day hike: the M Trail up Mount Sentinel, the mountain that overlooks campus and provides a scenic backdrop every day of the year. Get your photo taken by our UM photographers who will be waiting at these locations!
- COVID-19: Masks are currently required indoors at the University of Montana. The Montana University System mask mandate will be reconsidered by the Board of Regents at its May 26-27 meeting. Until then, the Montana University System mask requirement and UM's mask policy remain in effect. UM is preparing to welcome all students to campus in the fall for in-person instruction to the greatest extent possible. We hope this fall at UM resembles a more traditional environment — from academics to student activities, athletics and campus operations.
- Check-in: Will take place at 9:45 a.m. in the third-floor ballroom of our University Center. Feel free to check out our Interactive Campus Map to familiarize yourself ahead of time.
- Parking: Parking for UM Days on Saturday, May 15, is free with the exception of spots marked as Reserved or Handicapped-Accessible.
What To Bring
- Official photo ID
- Immunization information
- ID for Griz Card submission
- AP/IB scores or other documentation for college credit (if you have it)
- Comfortable shoes for touring campus
- Suitable clothes for the weather in Missoula
- Appetite for lunch at the Food Zoo