We are glad to hear you want to join the American Indian Student Services Peer Mentoring program. By becoming a mentee, you will be connected with our highly-qualified peer mentors who will guide you through your educational career here at the University of Montana. If you want to learn more about how to be successful while attending UM, this program is designed for you!
We want to ensure you are connected to the mentor that we believe would be the best fit based o your interest/hobbies, and what you hope to learn from the peer mentoring program. Please complete and submit the following application to become a peer mentee. You will hear back from our office once a connection is made. If you have any further questions about this program, don't hesitate to give our office a call at 406-243-6306.
Before proceeding and signing the application, you agree that you meet and will follow the requirements:
IF CHOSEN AS A MENTEE, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO AGREE ON THE FOLLOWING BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Attend all scheduled meetings with your mentor during the semester
- Maintain four contacts each month with your assigned mentor
- Attend and participate in all program activities
- Complete an end-of-semester AISS Peer Mentor Program evaluation
- To be dedicated and dependable in working and meeting with your mentor as much as needed
- To base your relationship upon mutual respect.
* All information is kept confidential and will only be used by the American Indian Student Services in the matchmaking process and to determine eligibility for this program.