Common questions from student renters about living in Missoula

How do I throw a Block Party? - You have to contact the Police Department to request a permit to shut down a street.  Go HERE.

How do I report my stolen bike? - Bummer dude... If it was stolen on campus, report it to Campus Police.  If in Missoula, contact Missoula City Police.  Bikes that are ridden in city limits are required to be licensed so bring that information if you have it...

How do I license my bike? - For students, only $5 at The University of Montana Campus Police Office.

Do I need a permit to have a bonfire? - YES! Go HERE for more information.

How do I report a burnt out light on my street? - Streetlights in Missoula are replaced and maintained by Northwestern Energy. You can call them at 1-888-467-2669.

How do I put my water bill in my name? - In Missoula, water is a private utility. Please contact Mountain Water at (406) 721-5570.

When does my Neighborhood Council meet? - Get involved!

Where can I get information on conservation lands around Missoula (Mount Jumbo, Greenough Park, Waterworks Hill)? - There are periodic weed pulls, sheep grazing and trail maintenance. For more information go to Parks and Rec Page.

Is there a search engine for parks with certain facilities? - YES!  Go HERE.

When and Where do I vote in city elections? - Contact the Missoula County Elections office at 406-258-4751.

How do I contact the Better Business Bureau? - The Spokane Better Business Bureau serves Montana. If you have a complaint or want to check out a business before engaging their services, here is the contact information:

508 W. Sixth Avenue, Suite 401
Spokane, WA 99204
E-Mail: ; Phone: 800-356-1007

How do I find out who owns a piece of property/home?- The Missoula County property information system can help. You will need to have at least one of the following pieces of information: property address, tax ID number, or geocode number. You can also find out information using a map to pinpoint the location.  More...

Can I file a complaint about the property that I am renting? - Yes. If you feel that the property you are renting may be considered substandard or has life safety issues you may fill out a complaint form with as much information as possible and return it to our office. The person making the complaint must still have access to the property so that an inspection can be performed. Fill out this Citizen Complaint FORM.

What do I do if I find an injured animal after the Animal Control shelter is closed?- Take the animal to Pruyn Veterinary Hospital, 2501 Russell, located behind the Fairgrounds. The phone number is (406) 829-8150.