Run for Senate!
A potential candidate must fill out an ASUM elections candidate registration form available below. Potential candidates for President must run with a potential candidate for Vice President as a single ticket, with a joint petition. Petitions are available at UC 104 and must consist of the signatures, printed names, ID numbers and telephone numbers of at least 100 ASUM activity fee-paying students ONLY (those taking 7 or more credits). Candidates for Business Manager must collect 50 signatures. Those not meeting the fee requirement or any entries that are incomplete or illegible will not be counted. It is advised that you obtain more than the necessary signatures to ensure you have the required number.
Candidates are also asked to electronically submit the Kaimin Questionnaire (below) and a picture prior to running for office. Please submit these electronically to Grace Dunnehoff, ASUM Elections Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a hard copy of the Registration Form to the ASUM office by April 1st, at 11:59pm.
- ASUM Elections Bylaws **You must read this!**
- Deadlines and dates found are on the Election Schedule.
- You must Register to become an official candidate (Hard copy due April 1st at 11:59pm to the ASUM Office).
- Candidate Income/Expense Statement Tells what you may spend and records what you do spend.
- The Kaimin Questionnaire is published in the Montana Kaimin and let's students know your involvement, experience, and policy ideas (electronic copy with image due by April 1st at 11:59pm).
- A short list of Senate responsibilities and opportunities.
Throughout the academic year, a seat on the ASUM Senate may become available. To apply for an open seat, simply fill out the Senate Seat Application Form. After the applications are closed, the ASUM Interview Committee will meet to review candidates, and may request to interview applicants at their discretion. The Interview Committee will make its recommendation to the ASUM President, who will appoint the new Senator(s) during an ASUM Senate Meeting.