Java Version Check
Steps for Checking Your Java Version
Follow these steps to see if you have the most current version of Java as listed on the Banner Support website Home page. If you already have this version installed, you don’t need to re-install it.
To check in advance, there are two options:
1. In your system tray, if Java is in use, the Java icon will display. Right click on this icon to display the Java version. If you have the most current version of the Java you do not need to do anything else.
2. If the Java icon does not display in the system tray, go to your Control Panel:
Go to: Start / Control Panel
- Right click on the Java icon and select Open.
- In the About section, click the About button.
- An About Java window will display listing your Java version. If you have the most current version of the Java, you do not need to do anything else. Close out of this window.