Purpose of the Advisory Council
The purpose of the Bitterroot College Advisory Council is to provide local and professional involvement in the development of the Bitterroot College as a provider of affordable, responsive, and sustainable college and continuing education opportunities to the residents of Ravalli County.
The Advisory Council works with the BC Director to:
- assess the needs of Ravalli County as related to program offerings and student support services;
- assess program and course offerings, student support services, operations, and finances;
- assist in the development of long-range plans for program and course offerings and student support services;
- formulate recommendations for the enhancement of facilities and equipment;
- serve as an avenue of communication between Ravalli County and The University of Montana;
- serve as an avenue of communication between education/training and business/industry/government;
- evaluate and review annually program and course offerings, student support services, operations, finances, and long-range program plan.
The Advisory Council works with the UM Provost to:
- select the BC Director;
- annually evaluate the BC Director.