Students who have earned college credit in the past from an institution other than the Bitterroot College, Missoula College, or the University of Montana are considered transfer students.

  • Admission to Bitterroot College is open to all who have earned a high school diploma from an accredited high school or who have successfully passed the GED or HiSET
  • College readiness tests such as the ACT or SAT are not needed for admission to Bitterroot College
  • No essay or writing sample is needed for admission to Bitterroot College

Download the Admissions Checklist to help keep track of your application process.

Step 1. Complete Online Application for Admission

Submit your Online Application for college admission; carefully read and follow procedures below.

  • Start by filling out and submitting the Application Creation information; for the following prompts, choose:
    • Select the level of education: Degree
    • Select your major: General AA
    • Applying as a: Transfer
  • Open email from University of Montana with application login password and link
    • Click on Login to complete your application link
    • Create account Password (record for later access)
  • Click on Start New Application
    • Select appropriate academic year
    • Select Undergraduate
    • Click on Create Application
  • In Application Information screen, select the following:
    • Education level: Degree
    • Select your major: General Studies A.A. (Bitterroot College) or Pre-nursing (Bitterroot College)
    • Term of entry: select appropriate term
    • Applying as a: Transfer
    • Location: Bitterroot College
  • In Residency screen, be sure to answer Yes to the question Are you claiming in-state tuition classification as a Montana resident? if you live in Montana.

Already have an application account? Login to your application account

Need online access?
Stop by and we'll set you up on a computer and be available for your questions!

Step 2. Submit Transcripts

  • Submit your official high school, GED, or HiSET transcript in person at Bitterroot College or have mailed to UM Admissions, 32 Campus Drive MS 2016, Missoula, MT 59812.
  • Submit all transcripts associated with attendance at institutions other than Bitterroot College, Missoula College, or University of Montana. These transcripts must be official (in an unopened/sealed envelope). Submit these transcripts in person at Bitterroot College or have them mailed to UM Admissions, 32 Campus Drive MS 2016, Missoula, MT 59812.

Need help obtaining your transcripts?
Stop by or call us at (406) 375-0100, and we can assist you!

Step 3. Submit Immunization Requirement Form

Submit Immunization Requirement Form in person at Bitterroot College or mail to Bitterroot College UM, 103 South 9th Street, Hamilton, MT 59840. You must submit proof of two doses of MMR vaccination.

Need help obtaining your vaccination records or getting vaccinated?
Stop by or call us at (406) 375-0100, and we can assist you!

Step 4. Take Placement Tests

Depending on your previous college coursework, you may need to complete math and/or writing placement tests prior to meeting with our academic advisor and registering for courses. Stop by or call (406) 375-0100 to ask questions about your specific placement testing status.
Learn more about Placement Tests >

Step 5. Meet with Academic Advisor and Register for Courses

Set up an appointment to meet with Bitterroot College Academic Advisor Jamie Standaert. Jamie provides information about degree and course options, helps you plan your course schedule, and assists you in registering for your courses. To schedule your advising appointment with Jamie, stop by or call (406) 375-0100.

Learn more about Academic Advising >  
Learn more about Registering for Courses >

Step 6. Attend New Student Orientation

All new students are required to attend our New Student Orientation. Register online to let us know when you are coming!

Learn more about New Student Orientation >

Meri Telin
Enrollment Services Coordinator
(406) 375-0100