Academic & Career Advising
Lea Guthrie, Academic and Student Services Director, is the academic advisor for all Bitterroot College students. She assists students with choosing a degree path, planning course schedules, selecting classes, adding and dropping classes, withdrawing from all classes, graduation applications, and more!
All Bitterroot College degree-seeking students are required to meet with an academic advisor prior to registering for classes each fall and spring. During a student's academic advising appointment, the student is provided with an advising number, allowing the student to access online course registration in CyberBear. Students require a new advising number each semester in order to register via CyberBear; advising numbers are only available from an academic advisor.
Not Sure of a Major? Not Sure of a Career?
Learn about Careers
- What can I do with a major in . . . ? Visit the NEW Field of Degree website from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics linking jobs to college majors
- Research UM majors and associated jobs at Programs & Degrees at UM
- Research careers at careeronestop.org
- Find career salaries and more at Occupational Outlook Handbook
Take a Career Assessment
- 16Personalities. The 16Personalities test provides a “freakishly accurate” description of who you are, why you do things the way you do, and what drives, inspires, and worries you. Time required: 15-20 minutes. Cost: FREE!
- Career Exploration by Occupational Cluster (CEOC). The CEOC is a career guidance tool that allows individuals to respond to questions and identify the top three Career Clusters of interest based on their responses. View all 16 Occupational Clusters. Time required: 15-20 minutes. Cost: FREE!
- High5 Personality Test. Discover your unique strengths profile and maximize your potential by doing more of what you love with the HIGH5 personality test. Time required: 15-20 minutes. Cost: FREE!
- MT Career Information System (MCIS) A one-stop shop for assessing career interests, exploring career education options, writing a resuming, and finding a job. Cost: FREE!
MCIS General User Login: UN = btrcollege PW = plan7ing Once you've logged in as a General User, follow on-screen instructions to Create My Portfolio
- Strong Interest Inventory (SII). The SII assesses your interests and how those interests correlate to career fields and job titles. Time required: 20 - 60 minutes (after taking the assessment, you will meet a Career Coach to interpret the results). Cost: $20.00; For more information on taking and scheduling the SII, contact Bitterroot College Advisor Jamie Standaert at
Schedule an Appointment
Enrollment Services Coordinator
Academic & Student Services Director