IN-PERSON INSTRUCTION PROTOCOLS DURING COVID-19
- A COVID-19 Stay Healthy Kit will be provided to all students; kit contains two masks, hand sanitizer, a micro-cloth for cleaning, and a disinfectant spray bottle
- Face coverings are REQUIRED at all times while inside College building
- Face coverings need to cover your nose and mouth
- Physical distancing is expected at all times while inside College building
- You are responsible for the safety/sanitation of your space
- Use COVID-19 Stay Healthy Kit sanitizer and cloth to spray and wipe down your classroom seating area; additional sanitizer available in Main Office
- Remember to wash hands or use hand sanitizer while on campus (sanitizer available in all rooms)
- If you feel sick, do NOT come to campus; contact College at (406) 375-0100 for assistance
Clinical Medical Assistant
Bitterroot College's Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Program is being offered as an in-person program for fall 2020. However, if the local COVID-19 situation changes, the program could transition to remote delivery via live, interactive videoconferencing (equipment and internet access would be provided to students as needed). Full or partial refunds will NOT be provided if a transition to remote delivery occurs.
Bitterroot College Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) program is a Workforce Training program which does not require college admission.
This program trains students to assist physicians by performing functions related to the clinical responsibilities of a medical office. Instruction includes preparing patients for examination and treatment, routine laboratory procedures, diagnostic testing, technical aspects of phlebotomy, and the 12 lead EKG and the cardiac life cycle. Students review important topics including phlebotomy, pharmacology, the proper use and administration of medications, taking and documenting vital signs, cardiology including proper EKG lead placements, a professional workplace behavior, ethics and the legal aspects of healthcare. Program includes classroom lecture and hands on labs and a clinical externship opportunity at a local healthcare provider. Students who complete this course sit for the National Health Career Association (NHA) Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam.
Bitterroot College Certified Clinical Medical Assistant program provides 140 hours of classroom and laboratory instruction. Optional clinical externship of 160 hours is available upon successful completion of program and CCMA exam.
Application, Cost, Dates, and Deadlines
Next Program Offering
- Application/Fee Deadline: Thursday, September 24, 2020
- Program Dates: September 29 - January 21, 2021
- Program Fee: $3,070 (see Program Information for fee assistance options)
Future Program Dates
- Future Program Start Date: TBA
Clinical Medical Assistant jobs are predicted to grow nationally by 23% and in Montana by 20.5% between 2018 and 2028 and are projected as a high-demand occupation in Montana from 2015 to 2025. The median national annual salary for Clinical Medical Assistants is $34,800; in Montana, the average annual salary is $33,170. For more employment information, visit the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Outlook Handbook, Projections Central, and the Informational Wage Rates by Occupation - Montana.
Continuing Education Director