Registration Information Important Dates
REGISTRATION BILL PAYMENT DATES SUMMER 2022
- Call 406-243-2223 Business Services, Student Accounts
- Email UMstudentaccounts@mso.umt.edu
BUSINESS HOURS: Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Apr. 1, 2022 Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) application available in CyberBear for new applicants.
Apr. 4, 2022 Registration bills available on CyberBear at 1:00 p.m. to begin paying. Students are encouraged to pay early to access services that are covered with the payment of their registration bills. If the student has a third party that is paying their registration bill, they need to provide the bill to the third party immediately.
May 10, 2022 Priority registration payment date for students expecting refunds. Students must have met all financial aid requirements and completed the registration payment process for aid to disburse.
May 13, 2022 Financial aid begins disbursing for students who have completed the payment process and have met all financial aid requirements. Students with financial aid who drop, add, change classes or withdraw from all classes may see an adjustment of their financial aid and may be required to repay some or all of the financial aid. Call 406-243-2223 for additional information.
May 17, 2022 First refund file for SUMMER 2022. Refund files are sent out on Tuesdays and Fridays. Holidays may change schedule.
May 23, 2022 First class day.
May 23, 2022 First registration bill payment deadline AND first Deferred Payment due to avoid an $80.00 Late Registration Fee.
May 24, 2022 First Late Registration Fee of $80.00 assessed on students that have not completed the payment process.
Jul. 5, 2022 FINAL PAYMENT DEADLINE.
Students unable to meet this deadline should contact Business Services, Student Accounts to make alternate payment arrangements to avoid being cancelled. Call 406-243-2223.
Jul. 6, 2022 ALL STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT PAID THEIR REGISTRATION BILL WILL BE SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION. Students who are cancelled will be required to complete the Late Petition to Pay After Deadline. The Late Petition process will begin 7/6/2022 and continue to noon on 8/16/2022.
Jul. 6, 2022 All students registering on and after 7/6/2022 may be assessed the Late Registration Fee of $160.00.
Jun. 17, 2022 2nd DPP payment due. Late Fee of $20.00 assesses on 6/18/2022.
Jul. 18, 2022 3rd DPP payment due. Late Fee of $20.00 assesses on 7/19/2022.
IMPORTANT “NEED TO KNOW” INFORMATION ABOUT THE REGISTRATION BILL PAYMENT PROCESS
Where can I find my registration bill?
UM uses your official UM email to provide you with important information, reminders and updates. You will receive an email when your registration bill is available in CyberBear.
SUMMER 2022 - AVAILABLE AT 1:00 PM ON APRIL 4, 2022
I am being asked to “Complete Enrollment/Pay Registration Bill” and I am not sure what this means?
If you have not yet finished your payment process you will see an alert message with the link to your registration bill – PROCEED TO REGISTRATION BILL. Click on this link.
Completing your enrollment means that you have reviewed your registration bill for accuracy and are being asked to “pay” your registration bill.
- If you have an Amount Due, you will need to pay that amount by clicking on “Complete Enrollment/Pay Registration Bill” and following the payment link by the published payment due date.
- If you have a zero or credit balance (refund due to you), you still need to click on “Complete Enrollment/Pay Registration Bill” by the published payment due date.
What are the consequences if my classes are cancelled?
When your classes are cancelled, you lose access to many of your University privileges (list is not all-inclusive and there may be other access and services affected if registration is cancelled).
- May not have access to your Moodle account.
- May not be able to use Campus Recreation facilities.
- May not be able to obtain you student athletic tickets.
- May not have access to Curry Health Center services.
- May not have access to Dining Services and Residence Halls if you live on campus.
- May not have access to services offered through ASUM (Associated Students of the University of Montana.
What are my options if I am expecting a refund?
You can receive your refund by Direct Deposit (ACH) to your bank account rather than a check
in three easy steps:
- Log in to your CyberBear account and select STUDENT SERVICES.
- Under your picture there is a list of Additional Links and you will select Student Refunds.
- You will then click on “Select Option” and follow the instructions. You will need your bank name, bank routing number and checking/savings account number (debit card number will not work).
If you do not select an option, a check will be mailed to your UM mailing address. Direct Deposit takes 3-5 business days. A check takes 10-14 business days and requires you to keep you mailing address updated to ensure receipt of your check. Refund files are processed each Tuesday and Friday, except during weeks that have a holiday. Holidays may require the process to be modified.