Wear Masks to Slow the Spread of COVID-19
Updated September 20, 2021
In light of recent MCCHD news regarding COVID-19 cases, as well as the strain COVID-19 is causing in our local hospitals and throughout the greater medical community, UM will temporarily expand our mask requirement to indoor spaces on campus, including the following:
- Academic buildings, including Missoula College and the West Campus.
- Research facilities.
- Administrative buildings.
- The Mansfield Library.
- Common areas of residence halls.
- UM dining facilities (except when actively eating or drinking).
- Public areas such as the University Center, Adams Center, Schreiber Gym and Lommasson Building.
- Facilities and maintenance buildings.
- Galleries, performance venues and lounges.
- The Campus Fitness and Recreation Center.
The mask requirement applies to public spaces (both public facing and open areas). It does not include private (individual) offices, residence hall rooms and apartments in UM Housing.
This expansion is in addition to the previously-announced mask-wearing requirement in the following areas:
- Classrooms and laboratory settings;
- Curry Health Center;
- Clinical setttings within the College of Health;
- UDASH and Mountain Line Busses (as required by the Transportation Security Administration)
All students, employees and visitors can pick up disposable or reusable masks at a variety of locations across the campus, including most student services offices and the Griz Card office in the University Center.
The COVID Response Team will continue meeting daily to review cases and assess other factors concerning COVID-19, and we will make adjustments as necessary.