Creative Pulse students typically graduate the summer after completing the Advanced Writing Lab and defending their Final Creative Project. Students must apply for graduation the semester before they intend to graduate. 

To apply for graduation download the Graduation Application, fill it out and email it to the Director of the Creative Pulse for a digital signature at:

Here are some basic information for Creative Pulse students:

  • Degree: Master of Arts
  • Major: Fine Arts
  • Option: Integrated Arts and Education
  • Degree Requirements: Check the box with "in-house paper/project/portfolio"

You then fill out all of the courses offered for the degree using your transcript in cyberbear. If you also have your undergraduate degree from UM, be sure to only include the courses you earned while enrolled as a graduate student in the Creative Pulse. If you have transfer courses from another program that we have agreed to count towards your MA, please list those as well. 

Once your signed application is returned to you, please submit your application to the Graduate School via email at:

You may also submitted a printed copy at Griz Central, EL 224. The $45.00 Application Fee will be posted to your Cyber Bear Account. Students not graduating the semester applied will be charged an additional $20 processing fee each semester until the degree is completed.