Student Employee Scholarship
The purpose of the Campus Dining Student Employee Scholarship is to recognize outstanding student employees. Campus Dining is awarding four (4) $500 scholarships for Spring Semester 2020. These scholarships are awarded to full-time students (12 credits or more for undergraduate students; 9 credits of more for graduate students) who are current Campus Dining student employees at the time the scholarship is awarded. Students may not be awarded scholarships in two consecutive semesters that the scholarships are offered. Campus Dining awards the scholarships during the first week of the semester to which the scholarship is applied (the semester following the application process). This round of scholarship offerings will not be through the Financial Aid Portal. Application materials are available in the Campus Dining Front Office (Lommasson 114) or from the administrative support staff in your unit.
The selection committee will use the following criteria to evaluate scholarship applications:
- Longevity of employment (Y/N)
- Student must have worked with Campus Dining a minimum of 120 total hours (up to and including finals week). This specific requirement must be met in order for applicant to be considered.
- Personal essay (500 words or less) Up to 40 points
- GPA (minimum 3.0 to apply) Up to 40 points
- Letters of recommendation (minimum of two) Up to 10 points
- One professional reference and one academic reference required
- Student employee must be in good standing (attendance, punctuality, availability, willingness to work special events, no disciplinary action on file, etc.) Up to 10 points
- General Scholarship Application completion (Can be picked up at the Campus Dining front office L114). REQUIRED
- An unofficial copy of a current transcript* that demonstrates: REQUIRED
- Full-time UM student status: currently carrying 12 or more credit hours for an undergraduate, or 9 or more credit hours for a graduate student.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- An essay (500 words or less) defining your educational accomplishments, community involvement, career aspirations, and transferable skills acquired while employed by Campus Dining. REQUIRED
- Two letters of recommendation (one professional reference and one academic reference required). REQUIRED
Please submit your application packet with the required materials to the Campus Dining Main Office, Lommasson Center 114, by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 11, 2019.