UM Dining is remodeling the space with a fresh, modern look. The updated layout will feature a combination of new products and long-standing favorites. Most of the Market’s most-loved features will remain unchanged:
• The Market will continue to operate under its current name and same hours of operation, staffed entirely by UM students with the exception of one full-time manager.
• It will continue to offer a wide range of high-quality items for purchase, including Pepsi products, expertly prepared espresso drinks and a large array of grab-and-go fare from local vendors.
The Market also looks forward to adding:
• A larger selection of fresh bakery products from UM’s Bear Claw Bakery, as well as some hot breakfast options from retail kitchens.
• Professional development opportunities for student employees, including optional student management and leadership training. They will have the opportunity to job share with other dining operations, allowing them more flexibility in their schedule and potentially, more hours.
Due to construction demands in the Missoula marketplace, The Market will open by spring semester. UM Dining is working diligently with the architect and UM Facilities Services to move the project forward as quickly as possible. In the meantime, UM Dining has adjusted hours elsewhere to help accommodate campus dining needs during the renovation:
• The UC Food Court will open at 7:00 a.m. to offer espresso coffee beverages and freshly brewed coffee, additional grab-and-go items, more market-like retail items, and hot breakfast selections.
• Jus Chill’n in the University Center will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. with an expanded food selection.
• Pizza Hut will open at 7:00 a.m. with a breakfast menu and drip coffee and will remain open until midnight.
• The Noodle Express window will remain open after the Food Court closes until 10:00 p.m.