Campus Dining supports a variety of educational opportunities through internships and student employment. Employees and interns gain valuable experience in everything from culinary skills and menu design to permaculture gardening, nutrition, and local food procurement. Helping students engage with their campus and community food system is one of UMCD’s most important roles.
- Campus Dining provides job opportunities for over 400 students every semester!
- We award around $10,000 in scholarships every year.
- Our dedicated team provides free workshops of a variety that covers everything from best ways to prepare bananas or garden workshops such as weed identification.
- Monthly pop-up events across campus educate guests about the nutritional and environmental benefits of their food.
- We are proud to host a variety of internships for students interested in food systems.